Author Thread: How to Find People on this site
silver761

View Profile
History
How to Find People on this site
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:59 PM

There are several ways to find people on this site. One of them is the Advanced Search which lets you specify a bunch of details, and then hopefully it gives you a list... But due to the limited resources and this being a free site, the search results are intentionally short. If you want to see more matches, you have to change the search location. You can enter a different city and zip code to see who is available a bit farther away from you. But the problem is you might find someone who looks really good, and then you message them but they are not online ever. Their message box is overflowing with thousands of messages from all over the world. And then they log in one day to see they have 999 unread messages. And guess what. Yours might be message #49 in the list. That means she has to scroll down that far to reach your message. This is why it's ineffective. As a free user, you cannot see who is online. unless you go to the "Online Now" or "Online Today" menu. If you go there, you will see real people who are really online, so if you send them a message, chances are they will see you and may say something back. But if you use the Advanced Search feature, you're a bit less likely to find a real person. You might find someone who was active a year ago and hasn't checked into the site since then. But you don't know that. You send a message, and this person might not even get an email notification when you send a message. So, it's almost like playing the lottery when you send a message. It may or may not be read. And sometimes, you send it to a real person, but she is busy so she decides to delete all messages. Then yours gets deleted, but if you are a free user you won't know that your message was deleted or read or deleted without being read. But I think, you are most likely to find a real person if you message one of those who are online now or online today. Chances are they will see your message and respond. If not, send the message again and again until they respond!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2024 01:54 AM

You are probably right

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2024 02:07 AM

I gave up on live chat long ago.

But I consider those never on dating sites to be wiser than all of us.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2024 04:25 PM

I had a man message me today . I replied and the message went 3 times. no way to delete.

Some with limited messages I have been shorted.

I usually reply to messages. Even if I don't find much interest in Profiles .

rbj66

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2024 12:25 PM

Good point WnT. The room can be downright toxic. I have a longer story about someone in there i'd like to know opinions on if it was me or she after chatting with her for some time. Someday under relationships maybe

Amani15

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2024 11:15 AM

What an an experience. sorry to hear your story

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2024 01:19 PM

SO TRUE SISTER I FIND THAT WAY VERY NICE TO FIND CLOSE FRIENDS:)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2024 11:59 PM

I would say be open to talking to everyone who contacts you unless they’re unsuitable. For example if you see any red flags in their interactions, anger, bitterness negativity etc…:-)

Page : 1 2