Author Thread: Did God create men & women to be equal?
Handyman62

View Profile
History
Did God create men & women to be equal?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 08:57 AM

When you hear the the saying that all men are created equal does that include women? And if it does in what ways are men and women equal?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 01:18 PM

I have never believed that all men are created equal.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 02:22 PM

Eve was created for Adam, NOT Adam for Eve.

1 Corinthians 11:9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

Similarly, it may be said that we were created for Jesus. Jesus was not created for us.

1 Corinthians 8: 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Hebrews 2:10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered.

1 Corinthians 6:13

You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

I do believe that Eve was created to be at Adam's side.

God chose to form Eve from a rib and not a toe.

I think there is significance in that.

We are not equal with God, and Jesus did not consider equality with God something to be grasped.

Philippians 2:6 as some translations say that Jesus "though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped."

While Satan on the other hand considered equality with God something to be grasped.

Isaiah 14:13-15 You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” But you are brought down to the realm of the dead to the depths of the pit.

Yep, people like to sit in other people's seat and these days, women want to wear the pants. But in the Bible, men are to wear the pants.

Numbers 30:3-8 3 “When a young woman still living in her father’s household makes a vow to the Lord or obligates herself by a pledge and her father hears about her vow or pledge but says nothing to her, then all her vows and every pledge by which she obligated herself will stand. But if her father forbids her when he hears about it, none of her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand; the Lord will release her because her father has forbidden her. “If she marries after she makes a vow or after her lips utter a rash promise by which she obligates herself and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her, then her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. But if her husband forbids her when he hears about it, he nullifies the vow that obligates her or the rash promise by which she obligates herself, and the Lord will release her.

Clearly, God's perspective is 1 Corinthians 11:3. But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Now days, things are distorted.

It is more like Isaiah 3:12.

WOMEN RULE!

Isaiah 3:12 Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. My people, your guides lead you astray; they turn you from the path.

The women of Zion are haughty. (Isaiah 3:16)

It is not given to men to sort it out. Rather, it is up to the woman to decide whether she follows the Bible or not. Surely, the government doesn't encourage any woman to follow the Bible. The government does quite the opposite. "A wife of noble character WHO CAN FIND?" (Proverbs 31:10) It will be remarkable to find a submissive woman these days that follows her husband's leadership and follows Bible teachings. It will be truly a miracle.

As it is now, women think themselves more than equal to a man. They usurp authority and assume rule. They control their husbands and involve others against their man. It is not a good time to marry.

We each have our assignments and we each have our own position and task.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2024 02:42 PM

WNT I can't really find fault in what you posted.

IQDisciple

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2024 04:57 PM

Not to be a pedant. But equal and same are not the same thing.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is [fn] neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

God made them (male and female) in His image. He gives us different roles and responsibilities. But it depends a little what you mean by "equal". Do we have equal value? Yes. Equal rights before God? Yes. Equal strengths and abilities? No.

Although 1 Peter 3:7 alludes to her being a "weaker" vessel it also says she is as worthy of respect and a fellow heir of the gracious gift of life. Yes they are to submit to their husbands v. 4-6 as we submit to the Lord. Eph. 5:23, 1 Cor. 11:3, Eph. 4:15.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2024 05:48 PM

IQ, I think you will win more women than Handyman and me.

But I think of the here and now and then I think of the after.

Now there are male and female. We are not yet like the angels. Men and women should not be sharing public bathrooms and locker rooms and should not be interchangeable and men should not compete in women sports. After this life, some distinctions end. But for now, some still apply.

spark300c

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2024 01:35 AM

yes god created them to be equal. how ever have the fall caused the be imbalance between the genders.

Christson2

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2024 12:05 AM

WalkNTalk spelled it out perfectly with scripture references and all. Men and women are ONLY equal in terms of faith before the Heavenly Father. Otherwise all responsibilities for headship rest on the men.