Author Thread: How is she wearing?. Discovering spiritual values in that way.
jimmyjmv

View Profile
History
How is she wearing?. Discovering spiritual values in that way.
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 07:10 PM

Hi, everybody:

I'd like to know what's your opinion about the way of wearing in a Christian lady. Would it be ok to affirm that her spirituality is also shown in that way?.

From my point of view, I think that it's an important topic to be considered because it's a Christian teaching and part of her customes which would to be taught her offsprings in the future.

I'd sincerely appreciate your answer, mainly if such comes from ladies.

Jimmy M.

View Profile
History
How is she wearing?. Discovering spiritual values in that way.
Posted : 8 Mar, 2011 08:11 PM

:waving: 1 Peter 3 mentions something about how a woman should be dressed (yes, it's directed to wives, but it's a good standard).

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God�s sight. (vs. 3:3-4)

The question to ask is whether the intention is to be attractive or to attract attention to you. Would you really want to be a distraction to your brothers? (I think that it can also work the other way--a man can dress in such a way as to be a distraction).