Author Thread: CUPID
Admin

CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 07:59 AM

Cupid is an important symbol of Valentine's Day. Supposedly he is the son of the goddess Venus and god Mars. he's the god of desire, affection, and erotic love. He flys around and shoots his little arrows into un-suspecting victims and they immediately fall in love.:ROFL:

Then there's the candy and flowers!:excited:

Do you think Christians put too much emphasis on Valentine's Day? Or is it harmless fun?

Your thoughts?

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 09:14 AM

Do you think Christians put too much emphasis on Valentine's Day? Or is it harmless fun? Your thoughts?

I think People in and of the World put to much emphasis on ALL days considered Holidays or Special days...Cant speak for others only my self...Being a Born Again Christian I struggled with this in the past...SOooo...I cease to struggle or fight it...

My personal decision is based on this one verse�Psalm 118:24 " This is the day which the LORD hath made; [ we ] will rejoice and be glad in it....Every Day is a Special Gift from GOD...Thank you Father !!!xoxoxo�.Soooo�with that said�HAPPY TODAY !!!�Yall�xo

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 01:26 PM

Many run around try to get hit by a arrow, maybe if they would stand still for a bit it would give cupid a chance to aim.

just a thought....

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 04:16 PM

Oh Pooh 2spar...ya done told us all another thread a ways back that there aint no such thing as a Chubby Cheek Kidlet with Wings flyin round shootin arrows full of love...xo

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 06:38 PM

I don't think Christians have a monopoly on putting too much emphasis on Valentines Day. There is pressure from everyone, on everyone, for Valentines Day.

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 08:54 PM

I think Valentines day is great. It's the one time a year when men have either the opportunity or the obligation to take full responsibility for a very special day, second only to her birthday, for the woman in his life.

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 10:03 PM

What is this Valentine's Day that you speak of?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 02:32 PM

I think Valentine's Day should be a special day of honoring your spouse, or telling a girlfriend/boyfriend that you are thankful for them. People don't do it enough as it is, so we might as well have one day where we do at least lol

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 12:03 AM

i think is a great day for celebrating love & friendship. not to celebrate cupid. :winksmile: have a great day!!!

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 10:23 AM

Hope every one of you have a Blessed Valentine's Day tomorrow full of LOVE, Joy and Jesus! :hearts:

Deborah

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 02:27 PM

I said tomorrow, but it's not till Monday.:excited:

Anyway, Y'all have a BLESSED Valentine's Day! :hearts:

Page : 1 2