Author Thread: American standards vs God's standards
agapephileros

View Profile
History
American standards vs God's standards
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 11:56 AM

American standards vs God's standards,Would someone please inform me if divorce rate among Christians is higher than atheists'? Media is a major factor in the erosion of morality in this country and around the world. Murder, theft, slander, bullying, homosexuality, etc. Then, there's the problem of illigal immigration, out of control lawsuits, rampant obesity leading to diabetes and other diseases, guilt and depression, it seems the entire American culture is now in bondage to drugs, alcohol, to fun and entertainment, out of control spending and gambling. There are too many to mention.

But particular to this discussion is that we Christians have listened to satan's lies that happiness cannot be found in obeying God's Word. Therefore, sexual encounters between unmarried couples (fornication) have infected Christians as well. Sexual diseases have exploded. Since Roe vs Wade, there is approximately 53 million human beings in the womb murdered. Divorce tore the hearts of the children mercilessly. It's brutal. This brings the question � this kind of standards that Christians have adopted, which is foreign to God, I wonder what He thinks of us. If we come face to face with Him before His throne, what would He say?

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom; listen carefully to my wise counsel.

2 Then you will show discernment, and your lips will express what you've learned.

3 For the lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil.

4 But in the end she is as bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave.

6 For she cares nothing about the path of life. She staggers down a crooked trail and doesn't realize it.

7 So now, my sons, listen to me. Never stray from what I am about to say:

8 Stay away from her! Don't go near the door of her house!

9 If you do, you will lose your honor and will lose to merciless people all you have achieved.

10 Strangers will consume your wealth, and someone else will enjoy the fruit of your labor.

11 In the end you will groan in anguish when disease consumes your body.

12 You will say, "How I hated discipline! If only I had not ignored all the warnings!

13 Oh, why didn't I listen to my teachers? Why didn't I pay attention to my instructors?

14 I have come to the brink of utter ruin, and now I must face public disgrace."

15 Drink water from your own well� share your love only with your wife.

16 Why spill the water of your springs in the streets, having sex with just anyone?

17 You should reserve it for yourselves. Never share it with strangers.

18 Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth.

19 She is a loving deer, a graceful doe. Let her 'brsts' satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love.

20 Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman, or fondle the brsts of a promiscuous woman?

21 For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes.

22 An evil man is held captive by his own sins; they are ropes that catch and hold him.

23 He will die for lack of self-control; he will be lost because of his great foolishness.

Prov. 5

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 01:11 PM

Firend do not be confused. It is not america's standards. it is the world.We are not to be of this world but be of God's world.

This is wrong to single out america and say it is our standards against God's, when the whole world does it.:peace:

Peace my friend, it will be like the days of Noah before the return of Jesus Christ.

Dennis

agapephileros

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 01:54 PM

Amen brother! You're right. I'm neither a historian nor a scholar. However, it is common knowledge that the upheavals of the 60s cultural revolution was a super, major event that paved the way to meltdown of values. Combined with the new technology of the media, the world soon caught up with the trend of disobeying not only parents but also authority.

Read Daniel 12:4 (transportation inventions and explosion of technology/knowledge) and 2 Tim. 3:1-5 (modern generations' lawlessness).

I know these are difficult to take in but go past beyond being offended to being objective. Be ready, be prepared for the last trumpet when it sounds.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 03:03 PM

Peace my friend, it will be like the days of Noah before the return of Jesus Christ. Dennis

Except this time around, instead of flood insurance we need to consider fire insurance

agapephileros

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 11:34 PM

Exactly right. Days of Lot and Noah. Riots are spreading so fast at some parts of the world; birds falling out of the sky; thousands of dead fish washed up ashore; millions of babies being murdered while animals enjoy protection status especially if it is considered in the "endangered species" list. It is intensifying. It is rapid.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 05:34 AM

Even So, Come Lord Jesus!

agapephileros

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 10:35 AM

Come quickly? What role have you been playing to serve others while we're waiting? If you have no idea, GMO is a good place to start. But if you don't qualify there, there are hundreds of other sites that go past your faults and still able to share the Good News. However, make sure that repentance is at the forefront of your life. Here are the links...

GMO

http://www.globalmediaoutreach.com/

Other evangelism websites

http://www.project10million.com/sites.html