Author Thread: Liking and Loving Are Not the Same Thing
Admin

Liking and Loving Are Not the Same Thing
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 11:39 AM

Brothers and Sisters:

I am greatly disturbed by the egotism and intolerance on these forums. From the taunting smiling faces rolling on the floor at each other�s beliefs to the seemingly endless harassment from some members to others, this �community� is falling apart. It is clear that some people participating in the forums cannot handle an �open forum�, where anybody can post their thoughts, beliefs, and opinions. Harassing each other through unrelenting posts and private messages, reporting to administrators because you do not like somebody�s thoughts or opinions� I am embarrassed by what I see on the forums.

If we are to be God�s children, we are to put others before ourselves, or at LEAST give them the same consideration we give ourselves. Everybody has reasons for their thoughts, feelings, and opinions, just like you do. What ever happened to turning the other cheek, or peaceful argument or loving correction? There is so much spite and anger on these forums, I get emotionally worked up every time I visit.

We can disagree with each other without anger or resentment, I believe we can. I believe we can learn from each other if we open our hearts. Even if we feel there is nothing somebody on the forums can teach us, we can treat them with civility and love. I am seeing more and more why non-Christians think of Christianity with resentment: we are to be people of love, but we are instead people of �you are wrong and going to Hell, but I am right and going to Heaven.� How do you hope to win souls with an attitude of condemnation? It is through our love and acceptance of everyone that we are to win the hearts of the unsaved.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 11:53 AM

:applause:...I Liked very much what you said...I LOVE it even more that it came from yer Heart...GOD Bless you...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 01:22 PM

:applause::applause::applause: True Syilii,True!!!

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 05:42 PM

It looks like you missed this big warning in red: "Obscenity, Inappropriate Language or Insults WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE. If you are found to be in violation of these terms, your profile will be deleted and you will be banned from the site. Also, do NOT promote your website or product here- links are prohibited."

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 06:23 PM

Ahhh, The Mercy Gift :angel:

(the biblical forum is always heated)

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 07:44 PM

@Silver

I always get red letters that say, "You cannot send a abuse report to yourself"

huh???

*whispering* there are times when I think it could be God speaking to me.

penguinradar

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2010 12:58 AM

I'm glad that you said something Siylii. Those mocking smilys were getting to me too.

Its great that we can all come together on this site to discuss Biblical doctrine with one another, and that was one of the things about it that I loved when I joined. I wonder though if arguing the finer points of doctrine is always wise. We get so caught up in who's right, we end up turning our brothers and sisters into our enemies. Even worse, we get so focused on doctrine, Doctrine, DOCTRINE!, that we start to lose focus on practicing God's word as opposed to arguing it. At least that's how it is for me when I get caught up in doctrine talk. :winksmile:

I read this passage the other day, it made me think, so I figured it might be a good idea to share it here on this forum:

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it�not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it�they will be blessed in what they do. Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless."

-James 1:22-26, NIV