Author Thread: Body piercings and Tattoos
cmseeker10

View Profile
History
Body piercings and Tattoos
Posted : 9 Nov, 2010 10:05 PM

I would like to hear from you guys/gals about Christians having a lot of body piercings and tattoos.

I went to my Taebo class this morning and was surprised to see a lady who claims to be a Christian,got a tattoo and had her bb pierced. Personally I don't like tattoos. It's a turn off to me.It would be ok if she had it before getting saved because as we believe,accept Jesus as Lord and savior the old is gone and the new us has come.

Can't wait to read your posts.:peace

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2010 11:16 PM

It's too late, and I'm too tired to look it up, but I seem to remember some scripture in Revelation about Jesus coming back with a tattoo.

cmseeker10

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 01:34 AM

Tulip thanks ,I'll check it out when you post it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 08:38 AM

Personal Preferance...who am I to judge those that have tattoos or percings...I my self have a tattoo on my ankle...vine & rose...BB pierced & my nose...Prior to being Born Again...I do not wear the nose stud anymore but do wear the small BB which is actually a brow $tud. I dont even notice its there. And I dont expose my waist unless swimming...

Ifin a person is offended at my past choices & can't get past this...well...then that is their own choice & preferance an is within their heart. I would pray that they would realize none of us are perfect people...but through Chrsit Jesus* we are perfected...Remember, Christ Jesus came for the Sinner...not the Rightious or Perfect... :-)...Praise GOD !!!

In my Church there are many Youth that have tattoos & piercings. I love & accept them as they are...for who they are...even if their life style choices are not my personal choices for me...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 09:39 AM

@tulip

No that was the grayed haired guy from" Fantasy Island"

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 11:28 AM

Revelation 19:16

On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 12:38 PM

Thanxs for finding that Tulip. I knew that was what you were refering to but I couldn't find it...Now ima wonderin what language it will be written in...Wouldn't it be oh so cool ifin it was written in Hebrew...Aramaric is much more purtyer...:rolleyes:...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 02:18 PM

:ROFL: :dancingp:

really

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 03:08 PM

One of the many times I spoke before I thunk :

Was at taco bell ordering some food, the young gentleman taking my order had about 8 rings in each ear, 3 rings in his nose, 2 in his lip and two in his eyebrow. I studied him for a second them blurted out: "I bet you don't go in the bushes"

Of course my girlfriend was upset that I would say such a thing! Of course I just looked at her and said ; "What?.......just think about it!" As I got the picture in my mind I couldn't help but smile.......so I dropped my head and stood over by the hot sauce and napkin counter.

WHAT???

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 03:44 PM

I don't see where the Bible tells us not to get tattoos or piercings. The OT says for the Hebrews to not imitate the pagans around them, who got tattoos for the dead -- that is, their tattoos were connected with idolatry. Isn't it about our heart and our motivations here? If I do anything in sin, it's sin. I can drink a glass of milk sinfully. I can get a tattoo to honor Jesus.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 03:51 PM

I personally don't like tattoos, and piercings (other than pierced ears for girls) aren't terribly attractive either. That said...

I'd totally overlook a tattoo on a guy, particularly if he got the tattoo before he was a Christian. Removing those things is too hard and expensive. While I don't know that getting a tattoo is WRONG, per se, it's just one of those things that is associated with a particular crowd...one that isn't always the most Christ-like. (Yes, there are exceptions.) A former pastor of mine had a tattoo on his upper arm. He didn't feel that it was a good testimony of his past, so he rarely wore short sleeves.

Piercings...ok, I personally don't like ANY piercings other than pierced ears on girls. Pierced noses, brows, bodies, tongues, lips, etc., are just really unattractive. Again, I don't know if it is a sin to have those piercings, but the image that you portray is probably not one of wholesomeness and Christ-likeness.

I think that we as Christians have to take care to keep ourselves separate from the world. We have to live in it, but we don't have to act like it. Our witness for Christ is at stake.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7