Author Thread: Chriatians and movies
youngster

View Profile
History
Chriatians and movies
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 10:03 AM

Friends. I want you to understand that I opened tis topic not so that I could judge you but to share with you what is on my heart about Hollywood movies ect.

Psalm 101:3

" I will set no wicked thing before my eyes .

The deeds of faithless men I hate;

they will not cling to me. "

Actually I hate these secular movies. In these movies you can hear God's name used in vain so often ! If God gave the commandment do not use His name in vain why they do that ?! Total disrespect and insult to my Heavenly Father .The same is with most of tv shows . I think that everyone who deeply loves God cannot watch and enjoy this worldly product. We, as a followers of Christ should be very offended and ignore these movies instead of enjoying , because they absolutely despise the commands of our God , our Creator, our Savior . And that doesn't happen accidentally , because script writers and actors know very well what they're doing..They don't bother to remove sin from the script, they rather include it. They just choose to do that ! This is an insult to God and His children ..

How is that possible to love God and sit in front of screen and enjoy what He hates ? Yes , I imagine that most of you probably think that I'm too serious and go to far ( fanatic).. But when Jesus chose to suffer on the cross and gave all for us , would you say that He went too far ? He gave everything for us and most of you cannot give up some worldly rubbish that tramples His Holy Blood by providing sin as an art or something fun. If you love God, you must hate sin, because that what hurts Him, that what brought Jesus on the cross ! I think that everyone who really falls in love with God , starts to hate all kind of sin.That's what happened to me. I enjoyed sin and that was almost the meaning of life for me. But when I got to know the Lord I started to feel hatred to everything that goes against the Law of God . If you hate sin, that's the evidence for you that you love God . That's what the Bible teaches.

Also, Jesus is saying :

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other."

If you love charity, you cannot love greediness can you? If you love truth, you cannot love lie . We cannot love the work of God and the work of Devil.

YOU CANNOT LOVE JESUS AND LOVE THE REASON HE WAS CRUCIFIED FOR.

He was crucified for our sins and for no other reason. So if you still enjoying watching sinful entertainments, maybe you're happy about Jesus' sufferings He had to suffer?

Imagine how God should hate sin if He created hell for sinners ?Don't think God's moral standard and your moral standard are equal. They are not even similar . And our calling is to walk like HE. Do you think Jesus or Paul, or Peter would watch these movies with you???? They would probably brake the tv as Moses broke the plates when he saw Israelites dancing around their idol. And the idol now is Hollywood, Bollywood ect. Modern age idol..

" Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. " 1 John 2:15

" You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. " James 4:4

If we love God we cannot love and enjoy what is opposite to Him.

I wonder how many of you would watch these movies if they would include something offensive about your parents.If you love your parents, I'm sure you would feel offensive and throw away the DVD . Why this does not happen when some ignorant script writers despise the blood of your SAVIOR !? You just prove that the Bible is the living Word of the living God , because you fulfill these Bible Scriptures :

2 Timothy 3:1 - 5

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God� having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them"

" lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God "

Examine yourself isn't that you? Examine not by your heart but by the WORD OF GOD . Because Bible says that heart is wicked and deceitful.

How do you think, God prepared Heaven for lovers of God or lovers of sin? Repent till it's not too late and give yourself to God as a living and pleasing sacrifice .Heaven is not for unclean but for those who accepts God want to be purified.

"and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelations 21:27

WARNING !: JESUS is coming to take the bride who is faithfully waiting for Him . He is not coming to take fornicator who fornicates with the world

But your pastor says that Jesus will save us even if we live klike the world ??

Then your pastor is a false teacher, like a wolf in sheep's clothing and you either deceived either want to believe what is comfortable for you .

2 Timothy 4 : 3

" For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. "

" If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. " (Hebrews 10:26 - 27)

So many false teachers are deceiving lukewarm Christians today. And so little are born again today.

Now, I apologize for my judgmental talk. But I felt that I want to say this for Christians to think about .

I understand that I'm saved only by God's grace through faith, but I believe that the evidence of conversion are fruits. I believe in sanctification and holiness. Think, if we really were born sinners and that's why we sin, if we are unable to live without sin and be holy, then why God commands as to be holy? Would just God ask us to do something we are unable to do? That would be the same as to ask paralysed man to walk along with you. Do you think God is playing such games with us?

Sad, but most of Christians believes that even when they become born again Christians they still remains sinners and cannot live without sin.. I think this is just insult to God Almighty . People who claim to be Christians and say that they're still sinners, represent Jesus as weak God, who is unable to set His faithful people free from slavery of sin. That's not the real Jesus, that's an idol with reduced power. Idol cannot save but JESUS CAN !

" Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy. " (Jude 1:24)

I apologize if I offended you by being so straight. Now you probably think " what a self righteous hypocrite ! " lol Oh , that's not a problem for me, I enjoy to be rejected because of Jesus' name.

I talk like that because there is nothing in the Bible about being a sinner after Christ sanctifies you. There is nothing in the Bible about being born again and being a sinner. The problem is that hypocrites take scriptures from the Bible that says we all sinners and use them as an excuse for their sinning. Verses like these :

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

"If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives."

But if you know entire New Testament you must realize that these verses talk about our condition when we are without Christ , and that's why we need Savior. But what does the Bible say about us when we accept Christ ??

" No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. " (1 John 3:6)

What does the Bible say about born again Christian ??

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." ( John 3:9)

If we are still in slavery of sin then were is the power of Jesus?

Jesus says that everyone who does sin is a slave of sin .

" In most solemn truth I tell you," replied Jesus, "that every one who commits sin is the slave of sin. " (John 8:34)

Bible also says that we are slaves of Christ. (1 Cor 7:22)

And Christ says that no one can serve two masters.(Mathew 6:24). He was referring then that no one can serve God and money.He was talking about greediness, and greediness is sin. Then How is that possible to be a slave of Christ and a slave of sin?

According to Jesus this is impossible, but according to many " Christians " we can be both ..

TO SAY THAT WE SIN BECAUSE WE WERE BORN SINNERS IS JUST AN EXCUSE .

Did you ever wondered why Jesus says that only few finds the narrow gate that leads to life?

I also really don't like " once saved always saved " . This is just ignorance of the Bible .

" Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. " ( Mathew 7,21)

" If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. " (Hebrews 10:26 - 27)

Please ,don't say that I'm judgmental, I heard that many times . I'm just honest

Thank you .

View Profile
History
Chriatians and movies
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 10:39 AM

I do not have cable TV.I buy what I like.I watch things at my parents home and if I like it I buy it.

I like westerns from the 1940's to some of the present day makes.yes, I do check what they are rated.

I also like sporting events.Dennis

paschen81

View Profile
History
Chriatians and movies
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 02:56 PM

I do not have cable and have not had cable in 9 years. Over 90% of the movies I own are PG or G and a very small number that are PG-13. I tend to like family movies or kids movies more than others. I can't stand prime time tv. All the shows are stupid to me especially "reality tv" which isn't any more "real" then other scripted shows...ah but that's just my opinion.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Chriatians and movies
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 08:21 PM

I see bad things in "reality" as well. I don't think it counts as sin. I don't watch movies and enjoy the bad stuff. I watch them just like I would watch the attitudes and personalities unfold in real life. The only problem I have with watching movies is that it is a huge waste of time, and I do feel guilty for not doing constructive things instead...

:peace::peace: