Author Thread: The easy way around
hwkns_dn

View Profile
History
The easy way around
Posted : 9 Sep, 2010 03:30 PM

People have always liked the easy way around being a Christian They can say I always go to church, I gave to the poor, or I am always nice to people. There are many other things that have been said.

It�s not what we do it�s who we trust our lives to. Only Christ alone is sufficient for salvation and can direct our paths.

DEUTERONOMY 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

People think if they keep the Ten Commandments the best they can they will be safe and be able to go to heaven. That's good if they do however While were here on earth we will be sinners no matter how hard we try to not to sin.

In the Old Testament they sacrificed animals. In the New Testament we have our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as our sacrifice for now and forever. We just have to go to Jesus Christ and ask for salvation.

1SAMUEL 12:23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:

I will pray for you and if you�re saved always pray for the lost in this world and go telling of our Lord Jesus Christ. Living in Christ will give peace and contentment.

ROMANS 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If you�re not saved ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ�s Name. Here is a sample prayer, Have faith in what your praying and you will be saved.

Find a good Christian church that serves Christ and tell them that you have asked Christ for salvation and they will help you grow in Christ.

�God I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve, so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.�

paschen81

View Profile
History
The easy way around
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 04:22 PM

while what you say is true... don't forget to take into consideration that we do what we do BECAUSE of what He's done for us.

Faith without works is dead for those who are true in faith are fruitful

Works without faith is self-righteousness for we can not earn salvation on our own merit

Many times Christians show their faith by the fruit (deeds) they do... however, we must be careful to give honor where honor is due... for it is sometimes easy to go from being a faithful fruitbearer to being self-righteous "do gooder".

princessjoy

View Profile
History
The easy way around
Posted : 21 Sep, 2010 11:21 PM

Yeah!

and I think most people use the argument that I'll take the easy way because God loves me and he wants me to happy, but Gods love is so awesome and yet some things make us go huh?:rolleyes:

Take Matthew 5: the beatitudes (Happy/blessed)..is the man who...

one of them is

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

that doesn't sound like fun but funny enough its a way for us to have joy.

So be encouraged, what the world may see as the easyway around may not really be Gods way around...Seek first the kingdom of God Matthew 6:33