Author Thread: "Dancing Queen, feel the beat, from the tambourine..."
Admin

"Dancing Queen, feel the beat, from the tambourine..."
Posted : 5 May, 2010 02:19 AM

As the title would suggest, this topic is about dancing. Some Christians see nothing wrong with dancing; others are quite adamantly opposed to it. What is your opinion (and why)?

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 04:56 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with dancing, as long as it is not provocative and doesn't cause someone else to stumble. When David was bringing the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem he was dancing and praising God!

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 05:55 AM

Dancing is fine, as long as it's not provocative. I wish I could actually dance...I've tried a little, but I have two left feet.

"Praise dance" is something that is pretty controversial. Personally, I don't feel that it enables me to worship more, and I know several men (of a variety of ages) who find it to be a stumbling block when the dancer is a shapely young woman. They might not oppose dancing normally, but they say that it REALLY hinders their ability to worship when the dancing is done in that setting. So I guess it's really just whatever you are comfortable with, and what you feel is honoring to God. I don't remember reading anywhere in the Bible "Thou shalt not dance"! But there is warning against lusting, so if the dancing causes a man or woman to lust after anyone other than his/her spouse, don't do it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 08:49 AM

As for dancing if it is at a wedding where it is fun, group dances it is ok.Doing it for excerise is ok. teaching your cats well that failed.been there done that.They did not want to get down to praise music.Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 11:41 AM

I've always luved dancin...music jus moves my Soul...espicially Worship music. Nothin better than listen ta songs and music that make ya feel an touch ya deep down in yer heart of hearts...

The Church I attend makes a point an very clear ta let everyone know, that WE can worship God/Jesus anyway we choose...So if the Spirit moves ya ta left up yer Voice & Hands an Boogie down...All the better... :-}...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 06:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback, peeps =) I'm in agreement with you all. Was expecting to see some arguing here... LOL (not that I enjoy that!)

I sorta learning how to bellydance. I bought this bellydancing fitness DVD. It's kinda fun, but much harder than I anticipated!

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 07:04 PM

I bet bellydancing is GREAT exercise! Have fun with that!

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 07:34 PM

If you give the bear an apple, he will dance with you. :ROFL:

Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2010 08:09 PM

@Dennis- Haha... :ROFL:

@pianogal- Thanks! It does seem to be a good workout; I can really feel my muscles burn!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:03 PM

Wow Pixy...Belly dancin is a diffinate art...I tryd it years ago...not real good at it..SOooo...I moved on to Hula Hoops...:bouncy:...its the Kid in me...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2010 10:55 PM

Yes, it is indeed an art and very beautiful when a lady does it well (in modest attire). But, it's definitely not artful when I do it... LOL I'm a BEGINNER and don't seem to be progressing beyond that point!