Author Thread: Worthy reading
hopehopehope

View Profile
History
Worthy reading
Posted : 9 Jul, 2016 04:40 AM

The Inward Peace of the Christian

Do you think that you will not be happy if you seek to have your soul saved, and to sit down in the kingdom of heaven? Cast aside the unworthy thought as a lying suggestion of the devil.

There are no people so truly happy as true Christians. Whatever a sneering world may please to say, they have meat to eat which the world knows not, and inward comforts which the world cannot understand. There is no gloominess in true religion, and no religion in looking gloomy, sour, or austere. In spite of cross and conflict, the true Christian has an inward peace compared to which the world has nothing to give; for it is a peace which trouble, bereavement, sickness, and death itself cannot take away. The words of the Master are strictly true, �Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world give, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid� (John 14:27). If men and women want to be truly happy, they should strive to be amongst those who �shall sit down in the kingdom of heaven.�

View Profile
History
Worthy reading
Posted : 18 Jul, 2016 07:48 AM

Amen! Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

You know how sometimes there are things about God and His way of working that you know in your head, but you don't really understand them spiritually or experientially? That's when all your theology goes out the window, and you're just left knowing that He is God, He is in control, and He loves you, despite all the chaos going on around you. It can be the scariest thing and the most peaceful time of your life. That is the abundant life that we were really meant to live though, a life completely and utterly dependent on Him alone. Any other kind of life is idolatrous to the degree that we aren't totally relying upon Him. It's a heart attitude toward the One Who created you that counts, not what you do in life. If your heart is right toward Him, your actions will follow.

View Profile
History
Worthy reading
Posted : 13 Apr, 2017 03:32 AM

I thought I might add this "Anyone who hears who does not do what he heard is like a man who built his house without foundation" Luke 6:49

Most often, anyone who is new in faith would likely hear His word but still choose to step back and does what he has gotten used to doing. There are certain things they still consider that their old nature can't possibly grasp what it means to be a true Christ follower. The root of their knowledge and faith is weak that sometimes makes their brain cells malfunction and they choose to walk barefooted to coarse rocks and really shallow foundation. "The right shoes is to be worn, and the breastplate of righteousness-the whole armor" (Ephesians 6:13-15) but they still have to dig more deeper for that foundation be able stand firm. Brain is important to memorizing and remembering verses to live by. If otherwise use for evil purpose, people who does this need to step back few more because this isn't what faith is all about.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Worthy reading
Posted : 3 Aug, 2017 10:43 PM

I rarely hear it so well stated!! Thank you!! So many want to deny a Christians obligation to obey their Lord. Like it says in Ephesians, we are not saved by good our good works but we are saved for them

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Worthy reading
Posted : 3 Aug, 2017 10:47 PM

Our obedience to our Lord should flow from a heart filled with gratitude to him and love for him, not merely from a loveless, legalistic and cold heart