Author Thread: Rape, the female side, the male side, the real side
Admin

Rape, the female side, the male side, the real side
Posted : 3 Apr, 2015 11:45 AM

Bear with me, I intend no harm so at least read till the end before giving any knee-jerk responses

I have never understood female responses to rape from a logical pov. Originally to me it has for most of my early life been at worst a physical humiliation with emotional after effects, when I ever read about people's lives "being ruined" by a single act of rape I usually ended up putting it down to woman being very very strange. Then I started seeing that people refuse to believe that men can be raped even though the physical mechanics are mostly exactly the same, this to me just seemed stupid. Eventually I started realizing that woman experience sexual acts very differently to men, sometimes in exactly the opposite way in fact. Then I fell back into my woman are very very strange status quo since that was all that made sense for a long time.

This to my mind is the typical way most rapists (most being male) probably see rape, a mere physical humiliation/power-play that seems to have (sometimes useful but) strange emotional after effects. At least this is how they see it in the short term, in the long term they seem to either start to love the act of rape or loathe themselves for it depending on where they are on the spiritual spectrum.

Recently however something has happened to provide me with greater insight into the matter. A pastor/preacher was teaching about demonic oppression (not possession) and how certain events can cause openings in your spiritual defences for demons to take advantage of and that this can translate into "generational/bloodline curses". This explains for example how because someone did something like swear himself into a secret society his children and grandchildren have speech impediments for no apparent reason.

I know of one war veteran who was having trouble regarding the generals & politicians because of how the war went. I might be remembering 1 or 2 details about this wrongly btw. The pastor counselling him asked him why he can't forgive them and he said "how can I forgive them if I can't even forgive myself?" instantly the pastor looked him straight in the eye and said "spirit of unforgiveness go out of him" and immediately he felt "something" release him and most of his troubles with this was permanently over.

Now if this logic is taken further almost anything can cause a evil spirit of some kind to grab hold of you even if you yourself are completely and utterly innocent. Since a rape is such a devastating event for a woman it also devastates her spiritual defences and opens her up wide for demonic oppression. So my theory is most of the problems after a rape a woman experiences is not physical or emotional in nature it simply appears to be.

What everyone completely misses in the usual hysteria that accompanies any kind of thinking about rape these days is the spiritual component. This lastly thought of part is probably the most significant. Men only see the physical, woman only see the emotional, both groups are ignoring the real problem and Satan laughs the last.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Rape, the female side, the male side, the real side
Posted : 6 Apr, 2015 12:22 PM

Rape has deep effects on female victims -- probably on male victims as well. But sexuality is closely linked to our emotions and our sense of identity. Whatever is emotionally linked to sex stays with us.

And, women being more emotional than men (generally), I think that deep emotional link of sexuality to victimhood is very hard to overcome.

Couple that with the feelings of guilt over it that many have ... and a woman who has been raped has a very difficult time. A girl victimized by a male relative, for example, often carries the feelings of guilt and memory of victimhood into her marriage. Though sex is no longer a matter of shame or victimhood, the emotional link is strong there.

Since I touched on the feelings of guilt, it's worth another comment or two. Men tend to say more easily, "You didn't do it. You were a victim just as if you'd been mugged. It's not your fault." That's true and rational and reasonable -- but that's not what many female victims' emotions are telling them. To hear, "well, it was my fault because I had too much to drink" or, "but I was wrong too because after the first few times I started enjoying it" is not uncommon.

I do think you're onto something on the spiritual link. An older preacher I paid attention to said repeatedly that child molestation usually involved demonic influence.