Author Thread: Narrowed dating field for: Being Born again & Choosing to defer sexual intimacy until Marriage!
Skybien

View Profile
History
Narrowed dating field for: Being Born again & Choosing to defer sexual intimacy until Marriage!
Posted : 23 Jan, 2015 05:50 AM

Being a mature lady, born again redeemed by God in late twenties, and having decided: 1. to only date a born again christian, 2. to date with sex off the dating menu until marriage,

i find that there are just too few eligible guys fitting that choice group!!

Is it just me not finding these Godly guys or is that a serious challenge out there? Raise your hand if you've taken that road and how has it been? Blessings to y'all.

Skybien.

PoiseNGrace

View Profile
History
Narrowed dating field for: Being Born again & Choosing to defer sexual intimacy until Marriage!
Posted : 31 Jan, 2015 08:56 AM

>>> Raising my hand.

Its an epidemic within the "christian" community. I guess these type of men dont know what dying to self or crucifying the flesh means? Its a major stronghold. Men havent learned to "resist it"

Does the term "needle in a haystack" mean anything to you? :excited:

May Gods grace abide in you.

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2015 12:54 PM

�Is it just me not finding these Godly guys or is that a serious challenge out there?�

My rely may not be in-line with the asked question, to top up I may even answer your question with another question myself!

I often wonder how frustrated would I have been if I was seriously seeking for a mate, seeing that I get frustrated any way when I'm not looking. My recent question in addition to the one you asked is this, �Are those claiming to have found partners maybe ended up compromising their requirements or are they seriously happy with partners found?�

My concern is a lack of 'boldness in leadership' from our young brothers. To a certain extend I do get it, that guys are attracted to ladies who are responsible for their well beings without being dependant. Though it seems like the tables have turned altogether. Guys wanna be provided for these days which may not be that wrong again should I be challenged in depth with this. But then again what is this communicating not only financially, but when looking at the relationship at large? A relationship layed on a foundation of disorder and twisted positions is destined for disaster! May only be a question of time. If a guy cannot make little priceless sacrifices that reflect him a leader, how can he be really entrusted with fruits of your womb? Are woman slowly but surely turning from being helpers to 'providers' all in the name of independency?

Am I the only one noticing this maybe?

arcangelsrock

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2015 01:48 PM

Hi

I'm raising my hand with you. I am one that will not comprise on my belief in what the bible says. It's insane the range of responses I get or excuses/reasoning. I am done when they try to knock me off that stance. It's pretty automatic Christian men assume we are frigid. NOPE! Just trying really really hard to honor the word.

engineer62

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2015 09:15 PM

Bless your heart. I believe you are doing the right thing. I am almost 53 and I am on the same page as you. Being married before, sex is good and it can be a beautiful thing. Since I have been born again I now know better, and what is pleasing to the Lord. I also am going to wait till marriage. If I never have sex again at least I know it is pleasing to God. That is most important. I know there are not too many men that think like that but there are still a few out there. Good for you!

LPNDOLL

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2015 04:47 AM

Sky,

I totally agree. It amazes me the number of profiles on here that say absolutely nothing about their faith walk. Why would you be on a "Christian"website otherwise. For me that raises an automatic red flag. And deferring sex till marriage should be a given for people on a Christian website but evidently the issue comes up frequently enough that some have made a point of including in their profile the fact that they will not engage in such activity. It is a sad commentary on the state of not just the world today but of the church as well. Have we become deaf to the work of the Holy Spirit to convict of sin? One really has to wonder!

Blessings,

LPNDOLL

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2015 10:57 AM

Skybien, I understand what you're saying. Now that I'm born again, I won't have sex until I'm married. Before I was born again, I never met a woman who thought like that. Somebody who doesn't know Jesus just goes along with what the world does & thinks that they're right because everybody else does it. 1 Corinthians 2:14 says: 'But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.'

Byfaith2112

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2016 09:33 AM

I have chosen that path too, though its rough and harsh but I know its worth everything.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2019 06:06 AM

Its not an easy road, but its worth it. Its worrying the number of guys in church who think sex before marriage is okay. And in church I mean the profess Christ...and as such know the laws of God. The world has changed tremendously and I think one to be very firm and clear on what they want.

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2020 08:21 PM

ALL YOU /ME ARE IN THE RIGHT PATH......YEP,...PATH NOT......ROAD....

ALL THE BLESSINGS UPON US:)

JESUS LOVES US !!!!!WHEN WE FOLLOW HIS WORD AND ....PROTECT US THAT WAY!!!!!!!

AMIN !!!!

THE ONLY GLORY BE TO HIM LET US PRAY(AND THE SAME TIME CRUCIFY OUR FLESH!!!!ALL DAY ALONG!!!) AND SING SONGS FOR HIS GLORY!!!!!AND....CARE!!!! 1 PETER 5:7!!!!AMIN!!!!