Author Thread: Christian dating sites/fruits of the Spirit
Mr_Bink

View Profile
History
Christian dating sites/fruits of the Spirit
Posted : 27 Sep, 2014 11:16 PM

It's a common thing to come across people who aren't so spiritual via dating sites. Have you sent mail or winked at someone be it male or female when your attraction/advances go without a response of some kind?

Lets be blunt - no one like's rejection but diplomacy can be used . I really wish people who are just seeking adventure or things that are clearly unchrist like find those avenues which suit them.

How you treat people is a clear indicator of your spiritual self.

Guess I'm a black-belt when it comes to that! :laugh:

whats your perspective/experience?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 10:32 PM

G'day sir,

I think there is no obligation to respond back to anyone, if A) They live too far away, B) Their profile or photos do not satisfy the recipient's criteria C) The recipient does not want to.

It is not a bad idea to ask why people are not willing to be up front and say not interested but it is the virtual world and avoidance is the answer of no answer. Experience tells people if each party has roots where they live picking up and leaving is not practical nor smart.

So to sum it up, people know their limitations and some immediately will disqualify emails based on zip code, and things written down in the profile of the emailer. I think it is far worse to begin emailing someone and realize you like them and you are not going to meet due to location and or lives going in different directions. It may be asked if people can fellowship for a time... well yes, I have some friends here I've known quite some time and I am glad for them.

Maybe some women recognize these things before men sending the greeting, therefore their response of no response is in fact them saying no. Their reasoning belongs to them, all we, or anyone has to hear is no in its various forms to understand they are not interested.

It would be great if everyone was blunt and the answer was something like no, I do not find you attractive, or no, I think you are dumb but, we have filters. We can look into psychoanalytic theory on why people act the way they do, such as a lack of parental ideals guiding them, their fears of rejection and rejecting others and so forth. This is complicated though and it is much easier to understand that no answer means not interested. Sometimes it is great to understand why... other times worrying about why is fruitless such why you were rejected by a stranger.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2014 12:53 PM

I look at messages like guided missiles.

Fire and forget.

No harm can ever come from the message you don't receive.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2014 09:11 PM

I have never had that happen and I tend place setting on my profile to Limit unwanted or unnecessary mail. Typically I always respond to a Person out of respect I find that many times people aren't really sure what they believe or what there looking for which is a bit frustrating when you do know what you want. And yes you can defiantly see of fruits of a persons spirit when your speaking with them via mail or via phone