Author Thread: Go!
Admin

Go!
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 02:19 PM

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. (Matthew 28:18-20)

GO!

Looking for a one-word, two-letter summary of Jesus' grace commission? Go! He did not say, "Sit and wait for people to come to you" or "Reach out only to people who look like you, to people you like."

He said, "Go and make disciples of all nations--everyone, everywhere, beginning with the people in your life. You are active duty personnel in the kingdom of God. There are no reserves. There is no such thing as retirement. Go."

You may not serve in the public ministry, that is, you may not preach from a pulpit or from the front of a classroom. But in your everyday life, God says, "I want you to tell others about me. Do it with your words, with your actions, with your prayers. I have equipped you for the task. I have put my words in your mouth--nothing fancy."

You don't need to memorize the whole Bible. You don't need to know all the big theological words used by professional theologians. From Scripture, you know what you need to know. You know whom you need to know--Jesus and his Word. Take action. Share it. Share him. Go."

Do we have the right to do this? Jesus has all authority. What if we lack confidence? Deal with doubt by looking to Jesus for strength and courage. How can we possibly make a difference in reaching "all nations"? Do not worry about the details; simply begin with one person. Go.

But what do we say? What do we do? Baptize and teach what Christ has taught.

"Will you go with me Lord? Will you be with me?"

"Always."

The task is urgent. The rewards are great, both for those who go and for those who benefit. Time is short. Now is the time to bring God's grace to a fallen world. Now is the time to take the message of forgiveness and life through Christ to all.

It is time to go.

View Profile
History
Go!
Posted : 2 Jul, 2014 12:09 AM

Amen!

Am going!

View Profile
History
Go!
Posted : 2 Jul, 2014 05:25 PM

Gods grace to you sister!!! :angel: