Author Thread: Division and confusion
teach_ib

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 09:03 AM

Romans 16:17�Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.�

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.�

19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.�

20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 17 Dec, 2013 11:39 PM

Thanks for sharing.

A good post.

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 18 Dec, 2013 03:19 AM

Which one of 35,000 possible denominations has the truth that no division should be preached against it that results in confusion amongst the saints ?

The apostles were on one accord with the truth and truthfully said there should be no division priest against it that would result in confusion. For that matter they found fault with people who would yield to every wind of doctrine that blew by them making them look like sagebrush out in the middle of the ocean.

So "which truth" of the many thousand denominations that claim the bible for their doctrine are you holding to?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 19 Dec, 2013 08:12 AM

I think what the verse is referring to are people you cause contention and arguments and vain disputes over doctrines that aren't critical to our salvation. Paul speaks of people living in open and willing sin, people teaching us to count on obedience to the law for salvation, as things that we should speak out against and use the authority system in the church to "put them out" so they don't misrepresent Christianity. However, things like diet, religious holidays, doubtful disputes over minutia in theology, etc are not healthy for the church body. That does not mean we cannot talk about and learn about these things, but it's not something we should get worked up over and "set our brother at naught" over.

Romans 14

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

:peace::peace:

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 19 Dec, 2013 05:30 PM

Any individual who has access to the Bible has the ability to find the truth and be saved. Each person needs to study the Word but does not have to be argumentative when they understand differently.

I don't agree with all the teachings of my parents and avoid discussing those topics that we disagree on because I know they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ in their heart...not just head knowledge or belief.

groovygroovy

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 26 Dec, 2013 04:34 AM

Anyone who has studied Church history knows the only one that was established by Jesus Christ is the Universal Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 08:29 AM

The True Church is a body, not a building or a denomination, and definitely not the Catholic church specifically. There are many Christians in the catholic church, but the catholic church is not the true church in total. If you would like to have a discussion on catholic doctrine/history, you could start another forum thread, but in my view, the catholic church has too much of the blood of the saints on it hands, too much of God's word hidden and repressed, too much political pollution, and too much invasion into God's authority to be considered the true church. Christ and the apostles formed a church of pure belief and truth, and it was universal in the fact that there were no walls to hold it in. Catholicism tried to wall it in, and they lost it.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 30 Dec, 2013 05:42 PM

Jesus started the Catholic Church? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: What would make you believe that? Could it be mmm :devil: ? Jesus didn't start any church. He was a Jew from the day he was born to the day he died to the day he ascended into heaven. He was never a Christian and he never started an organized religion. The Apostles, particularly Paul, on the other hand might be responsible for organizing the Christian Church but not for making it Catholic.

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 1 Jan, 2014 09:53 AM

Division and confusion

*** Yes there is much of this division and confusion going around...When the Reformation began it was to stop the "confusion"...for the "Roman" Catholic Church began to impliment things differant than what Christ Jesus taught...I was taught that Catholicism is to mean "Universal"...the "Universal Church"...it is obvious that with so many denominations of Christianity and the other two promenant Relegions of Judaism and Islam/Muslim there will always be division and confusion until the LORD returns in all HIS Glory...Im so very glad that GOD found me the lost sinner and sent His SON to do HIS Will and His Holy Spirit to confirm and teach me the right path to follow... ;) xo

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 10 Jan, 2014 11:29 PM

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Sounds like most preacher these days :(

View Profile
History
Division and confusion
Posted : 10 Feb, 2014 11:12 AM

The truth we hold to is the Bible. I think that it's good for all the denominations to stay united as one. Just like ancient Israel had 12 tribes, each with different customs and people, but united under YHWH and His Torah. Satan wants us to be divided since a divided house cannot stand. Satan sews seeds of confusion and divisions in the Church, this causes so many denominations. But I think it's good for us to remember we all serve the same God, we just differ on how. Imagine we are an army where the King goes away for awhile and expects us to guard His Kingdom until He returns. But when He comes back He will find His Kingdom divided into many small kingdoms, at war with each other.

He will set everything in order when He returns. Until then, we should live peaceably with other denominations and learn from and teach each other, regardless of our differences, we all serve the same God.

Page : 1 2