Author Thread: The Character and righteousness and the flowing of God in us
sweetpea201

View Profile
History
The Character and righteousness and the flowing of God in us
Posted : 8 Oct, 2013 06:54 AM

Today I listened to an interview between John Paul Jackson and Keith Keith Miller, both men have ministries that are are in Texas. I wish I lived close enough to be able to be in theses men's presence. But for now the computer will have to do.

In the interview They talked about how character and righteousness stifles and curbs the flowing of God into our minds and lives. Hanging on to our way of doing things, do the things of the world hanging on to things that create weight slows us down makes it difficult to run and finish the race before us. Paul knew about races! It decreases the flow of God into us. The gifts God gives are with out repentance but they can become corrupted and we will not hear God's voice well. We are more easily deceived and that deception will enter every phase of our life.

In order to expand the flow of God into our lives we need/desire for the perfect will to be done in our lives. Not just some of God's good but perfect will. When we seek ask and not take anything else but His perfect will Good expands his flow, and expands who we are.

When we live so close to God He surrounds us. Like the disciples who awakened from a sleep like hypnosis state and saw the glory of God. This summer I felt like was asleep, sort of dreaming unable to awaken. But all that has been removed.

I am looking for ward to prayers being answered, people coming to God, to revival in our churches and in communities. For greater boldness of and witness of all that love our Great God!

It has taken a long time but I am at the point of asking for His will to be done. Resurrection morning service,I was singing as part of the praise team. I sang words to Our Father" Your will be done"I heard deep inside me this:" You say you want my Will done."" Do you mean it? "He asked me 2 times. God was dealing with me. I answered. "I, thought I did." So all summer long I have been on a journey and it has not been easy.

I am seeking His perfect will. I do not want to be able to get away with anything, because I know it can look, smell, taste and seem good to a man and lead to death. I want What may be difficult and may cost me a lot but in the end bring me joy and To God much glory. That Jesus can take me and use me is a marvel. But I am reminded it was and will never be about me it is always about Jesus and the Father's will being done in those who love him. He is jealous for His Character and His name. So He is jealous for me to be all He desires me to be.

When I went to an alter and I rededicated my life, when I said "You are my God,I will serve no other. "I had no idea that I would have the passions I have today. I had no ideas I would be praying. I had no idea how He would desire me to love and believe He CAN DO all things and CREATE a new creature.

I loved love to hear from anyone who is seeking the perfect will of God who is is running a race. Who does not plan to turn back.

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2013 07:46 AM

I love this post.'Seeking the will of God'.When i accepted Christ and became born again i thought God must fulfill the desires of my heart without even realizing that some of those desires were selfish.

Then with time i learnt that God fulfills His will and its always good to seek His will in everything i do or want.Coz His will is the best for me.

Those days i would complain and ask why God wasn't doing what i asked.But now i have all satisfaction whenever i ask God coz i ask for His will.

When i want to go somewhere or buy something i pray about it but tell God,let your will be done.And if i don't receive or make to do as i wished then i know its not the will of God and it doesn't stress me.

I love waiting for the will of God in my life.

I love this post.

sweetpea201

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2013 05:19 PM

Where is the like button Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2013 01:08 PM

In Jesus name Amen!

Yes where is the "like" button? I really Liked both posts.

It is so important to seek God's perfect Will in everything, for He has our best interests in mind, He knows what we need and what will be a stumbling block down the road. I know in the past I have not always gone by His Will and that is when I would find myself at a loss, it is when I let Him do the driving that even though there are still bumps in the road, it is never more than I can handle and you have that constant sense of peace that only God can give.

God does gives us the desires of our hearts, when our hearts are lined up with Him then we desire what He wants for us and He knows us so much better than we know ourselves. What an amazing God we have!

Here are just some great scriptures:

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

John 15:7 - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1 John 5:14 - And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Psalms 37:4 - Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

James 4:3 - Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Mark 9:29 - And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

James 5:16 - [...] The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Take Care and God Bless! :angel: