Author Thread: Mathew 23
Admin

Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 02:19 PM

According to Matthew, Ch. 23:

These are the instructions which Jesus handed down to those who would take over his work after his death :

"At that time, Jesus addressed the crowds and His disciples, saying : 'The scribes and the Pharisees speak with the authority of Moses, so you must do what they tell you and follow their instructions. But don't make the mistake of imitating their lives! For, they preach but do not practice. They pile up back-breaking burdens and lay them on other men's shoulders � yet they themselves will not so much as raise a finger to move them. Their whole lives are planned with an eye to effect. They increase the size of their prayer books and lengthen the tassels of their robes; they love seats of honor at public functions and front places and to have men call them 'rabbi' or 'teacher'. As for yourselves, don't you ever be called 'rabbi' � you only have one teacher, and all of you are brother of one another. And don't call any human being 'father' � for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. And you must not let people call you 'leaders' � for you have only one leader, the Anointed One (Christ). The only 'superior' among you is the one who serves the others. For, every man who promotes himself will be humbled, and every man who learns to be humble will find promotion.

But alas for you, you scribes and Pharisees, play actors (hypocrites) that you are! You lock the doors of the kingdom of Heaven in men's faces. You will not go inside yourselves, and neither will you allow others to enter."

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 04:25 PM

What does this scripture mean to you?

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 05:08 PM

It is a peace of Scripture that has been very instramental in my relationship with God that has been recently placed on my heart to share.What does it meen to you

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 05:46 PM

To be humble, and not exalt yourself above your brother and sisters, that he is saying here the lowest are really the highest, and the last really the first. Basically he would have us be equals amongst each other and look out for each other. He's saying the true meaning of a leader is to be a servant, and not to be as the pharisees who rejoice in power and looking for gold and earthly things, but rather heavenly things.

Matthew 23: 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

I like that you posted that scripture, about Jesus and what he wants from us, what the Lord wants from us.

God bless you.

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 06:06 PM

Yes,be secure in the knowledge of that equality.

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 06:49 PM

Good words.

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 09:14 PM

Great passages you two. My you both be blessed.. I'm noticing a path here that it is generally the same group of people who answer or write something about these kind of topics. Such an honor to be among such great witnesses ^_^

View Profile
History
Mathew 23
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 10:35 PM

And to you too, you're a good man. I suppose I'm seeing more of a likeness of Christ in everyone I get to know here. It is exciting, I was wondering where the believers were hiding.

God bless you.