This topic is closed.
Author Thread: control freak or jut jumping to conclusions?
Admin

control freak or jut jumping to conclusions?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 03:12 PM

so I get this wink by a very beautiful women and I send her back this message.....

yea right...you are gorgeous,what do you want with an old fat head like me?

and this is the meswsage she sends back to me....

Hmm I don't like the attitude, not very positive. Sorry to bother you.

No need to reply. I think we had a brief contact once before and it was similar. I should have learned the first time.

Ok,first of all I have quite a sarcastic.but harmless sense of humor.So from my response to her do you see that she haqs jumped to conclusions or maybe I'm sending out some weird voodoo? which would really be a joke to anyone who knows me!I'm a playful guy whoies usually .For sopme reason I justreally feal this lady is playing games here and maybe I shoiuld just report her?

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 07:07 PM

pardone the typos,I usually proofread!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 08:03 PM

Mike, I think you hit the nail on the head... "if she knew you".

Point is... she doesn't,... and she probably gets lots of emails from guys who are bitter and angry from a last relationship. Or, as my first reaction would have been, this guy has very low self esteem. Just sayin', that's what it sounds like if that's all she's received from you.

My advice would be to leave the sarcasm on the shelf and meet it out only in small portions as she gets to know you. Once you are comfortable with each other and know where each others' "weirdo limits" are, (when she is confident of when you are joking and when you are trying to send a message) you can let 'er flow as you please.

If you think she is otherwise worth some effort (other than her beauty - which doesn't last) I'd go back and aplogize and explain that your sarcasm came on a little stronger than you meant it to.

... since you asked :dancingp:

Hope that is helpful.

N.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 10:05 PM

"weirdo limits",I like that...have to add it to my repertoire of 20 dollar words.

well I suppose I was just initially taken aback by going so quickly from hey wink wink to hey you're a weirdo! lol

I'm guessin that's somebody just waiting for failure.THat's a shame.Dating should be fun and adventrurous.I wish her the best our Father has to provide for her.

you make a good point though,I should hold back a bit of my goofishness untill a prospective sgnificant other understands that's just a shred of one complicated adventurer!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 05:42 AM

I don't find it funny or ~sarcastic~. It's insulting to yourself, and to her, because it's kind of saying she has lousy taste. Also, if you don't think you're worth pursuing, why should she?

It would be a dealbreaker for me too. Not in that petty things are a dealbreaker, but if that's the first message and impression I got from somebody... no thanks. Negativity is not attractive.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 08:17 AM

Mike Bro! i am feeling You,as most guys here are,

first we get the wink( from a profile with a most breathtaking photo) ,then a lil noting back and forth,then the write me at such and such email addy,then the whole sob story about how she has a modeling contract in nigeria and her agent has beaten her and stolen her documents and she just need 1,433.78 usd currency and she will come and be with You and love you forever and ever and ever.....

if a lady really really is interested in You? your will probably know Her cats name before You finish reading the first email....

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 10:21 AM

If I sent a wink and a man responded like you did, in a First messsage. I would move on. :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 08:38 PM

wow,I'm really amazed at how very selfish some of the women on this site are.I read it all day long..me I me I me I me I.I'm thankfull my Lord protects me from it!

What makes you think you can know a person from a few lines?You need to realize what that says about your preconceived notions about people!You are setting people up for falure.

Lemme tell you a lil somethin about my self esteme.It serves me quite well when I look in the eyes of thugs and killers in the cities most violent neaiborhood..that being 79th and cottage grove,chicago illinois.It served me very well while I played Mr. mom for the last 14 years raising 4 kids on my own and proudly proclaiming the privilage.It serves me very well when I bring to mind that no man is better than I,nor worse!That we are all equal in the site of nthe Lord,and that my dear is real self esteme.One's proper place.Knowing you are no better,nor worse than any man/woman!THough you can say hge.she is better for me....because they fit your list that in many ways goes against what the Lord would have for you.So you might rec onsider what you think about a man from just a few words.He might be one walking very close withn the Lord and be very well versed in the Word and have very apropriate esteme!I could rattle off thirty or forty books on the subject.My favorite being Bob George's "Faith that pleases God"

Wow.I'm really disheartened by these responces."Christians" have become so very out of touch with themselves to not even realize they are thier own worst enemies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 08:43 PM

hey bro,it wasn't one of those "send me money because I love you and I'm from Ngeria"scams.First thing that comes to mind when anyone under 30 sends me a message!But whatever it was I'm very thankfull not to be sucked into that evil!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2012 02:33 PM

Mike,

A good mature woman wants a secure and gentle man. Making comments like this is not in your best interest to attract a good woman.

It comes off as harsh. I understand this because my personality is a strong one as well. I had to learn to measure it out.

A woman wants her man make her laugh. You probally need to find a woman who is witty and sarcastic as well. One who will hit you back with your play.

Like me I need a woman who is a deep thinker many women here are just to superficial for me to engage in a conversation with.

Its finding that rare gem that is right for you, right?

Good luck bro just my thought but be true to your self as I know you will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2012 02:49 PM

well my mistake for coming to the christian bashing forumns.Were is the delete button when you need one! I think it time I delete my account and find a site were the less than perfect people go!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7