Author Thread: The speech of a disciple of Christ.
Admin

The speech of a disciple of Christ.
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 04:58 AM

Mat 22:37-40 The entirety of God's law is summed up in these two commandments: You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Mat 12:34..For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. (If we love God with all our heart, we ought to love Him with all our speech as well). Rom 2:11 For there is no partiality with God(We either love God with all our heart or we don't love Him at all). Deu 5:9 The Lord God is a jealous God. 1 Cor 13:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. John 14:6 Jesus said, "..I am the truth.." Jesus is also the Word; John 1:1. 2 Tim 2:14-16 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words(:Speech other than Jesus/2 Cor 11::4 another gospel); to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. Mark 8:36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? John 1:1 Jesus is the Word. John 5:39 Eternal life is in the sciptures. Be diligent(hard workng) to present yourself approved to God,..rightly dividing the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Mark 8:35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My(Jesus) sake and the gospel's will save it. Mark 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels. Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. Rom 1:1 Paul, seperated(from ungodly chatter) to the gospel of God. 1 The 2:4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests out hearts. Rom 15:18 I will strive not to speak of anything except what Christ has done through me(No matter what the setting for example:) 2 Tim 2:9 for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained. 1 Cor 9:14 Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel(As those who breathe, from oxygen). Acts 21:13 I am ready to die for the name of the Lord Jesus. 1 Cor 9:27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.