Author Thread: How God clothes us(cont.)
Admin

How God clothes us(cont.)
Posted : 27 Apr, 2012 11:31 AM

1 Peter 3:3-4 Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet Spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. Psalm 17:14..From men of the world who have their portion(share) in this life. Psalm 16:5 O Lord, You are the portion(share) of my inheritance(characteristics/inner being) and my cup(outer being); You maintain(keep) my lot(large quantity). (You are most important in my life). Psalm 17:14..And whose belly You fill with Your hidden treasure. 2 Cor 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence(exceptional quality) of the power(possession of control) may be of God(Holy Spirit) and not of us(flesh). Mat 23:25-26 Woe to you teachers of the law and Pharisees! Hypocrites! You wash the outside of your cups and dishes. But inside they are full of things that you got by cheating others, and pleasing only yourselves. Pharisees, you are blind! First make the inside of the cup clean and good. Then the outside of the cup can be truly clean. Visualize a clear glass?transparent cup with liquid. It's not merely recognized as a cup, but as a cup with liquid; for it's fillings are clearly seen. So are those of the Holy Spirit, their temples are also holy. John 13:35 Jesus saith, "By this, all will know you are my disciples, if you love one another. All the fruits of the Spirit are relevant to love. Imagine a decorated and apparent cup. Filled with liquid or not, it's merely recognized as a cup, for what's within it in not evident/unknown. Relevant to those who clean the outisde of the dish but inside, filled with darkness is this cup. Spirit filled Christians and a clear glass of liquid are alike. For what is within them defines who they are. Pro 27:19 As water reflects a man's face, so a man's heart reflects the man. Isaiah 61:10..For He has clothed me with garments(that do not perish) of salvation(2 Cor 1:22 Holy Spirity is the seal of guarantee), He has covered me with the robe(verb) of righteousness(doing right), As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, As a bride adorns herself with her jewels.