Author Thread: what wrong with my clothes that I wear?
Admin

what wrong with my clothes that I wear?
Posted : 20 Apr, 2012 08:48 AM

what your opinion about use short pant and singlet? Did it too much sexy? I am not wear kind of clothes if go to university. I felt uncomfortable around Muslim here especially guy. I always wear jean and t-shirt go to class but the way look to me make me uncomfortable. What wrong with my clothes?

This coming event (28/4/2012) I join dinner and the theme is Hawaiian. I wear dress and I think that not too short just until my knee. when I told my friend about my dress, she (my friend is Malay) she don't agree with that. Her boyfriend will not come if many of woman come there use sexy dress. I am worried that my clothes don't bless to others those see me. please drop your opinion.Thank you. God bless all

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2012 01:42 PM

I don't know why you would worry about what the muslims think of your clothes

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2012 07:20 PM

Your clothes sound nice. Nothing wrong with your clothes. If other people have a problem with what YOU wear, the problem is theirs.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2012 01:30 PM

How God clothes us: Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Genesis 2:25 And they were both naked(uncovered), the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. Genesis 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings(to fully coverthe private body parts). Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren,..that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world..(If you dress as the world what more are you doing than others, even ungodly people dress as the world). Romans 2:11 For there is no partiality with God(In other words, we are covered completely or we are not covered at all.The devil is tricky: A purpose for clothing is to cover private body parts completely. Is there not perversive clothing intended to expose that which ought to be covered?

Here is how Christians ought to display themselves: Matthew 6:28-30..Consider the lilies(beautiful flowers) of the field, and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory(praise) was not arrayed(displayed) like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field.., will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." Pro 27:19 As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man. (trrue beauty lies within). 1 Tim 2:9-10 I also want women to wear clothes that are right for them. They should dress with respect and right thinking. They should not use fancy braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes to make themselves beautiful. But they should make themselves beautiful by doing good deeds. Women who say they worship God should make themselves beautiful in that way.

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2012 03:47 PM

A woman who is modestly dressed according to christian standards can still be considered highly provocative in the eyes of muslims.

I think you should be extremely cautious with your dressing when around muslim men and most importantly totally disregard any liberal Western advise - like wear what you want, it is their problem if they do not like it.

As to the coming event. It is not your duty to prevent everyone from stumbeling into impure thoughts but if you aleady think that your dress might be regarded upon as too sexy.... then you should listen to yourself.

:waving::waving::waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2012 09:11 PM

i wish more women were as considerate as this Elisha is...

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2012 11:29 AM

How God clothes us(cont.)

1 Peter 3:3-4 Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet Spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. Psalm 17:14..From men of the world who have their portion(share) in this life. Psalm 16:5 O Lord, You are the portion(share) of my inheritance(characteristics/inner being) and my cup(outer being); You maintain(keep) my lot(large quantity). (You are most important in my life). Psalm 17:14..And whose belly You fill with Your hidden treasure. 2 Cor 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence(exceptional quality) of the power(possession of control) may be of God(Holy Spirit) and not of us(flesh). Mat 23:25-26 Woe to you teachers of the law and Pharisees! Hypocrites! You wash the outside of your cups and dishes. But inside they are full of things that you got by cheating others, and pleasing only yourselves. Pharisees, you are blind! First make the inside of the cup clean and good. Then the outside of the cup can be truly clean. Visualize a clear glass?transparent cup with liquid. It's not merely recognized as a cup, but as a cup with liquid; for it's fillings are clearly seen. So are those of the Holy Spirit, their temples are also holy. John 13:35 Jesus saith, "By this, all will know you are my disciples, if you love one another. All the fruits of the Spirit are relevant to love. Imagine a decorated and apparent cup. Filled with liquid or not, it's merely recognized as a cup, for what's within it in not evident/unknown. Relevant to those who clean the outisde of the dish but inside, filled with darkness is this cup. Spirit filled Christians and a clear glass of liquid are alike. For what is within them defines who they are. Pro 27:19 As water reflects a man's face, so a man's heart reflects the man. Isaiah 61:10..For He has clothed me with garments(that do not perish) of salvation(2 Cor 1:22 Holy Spirity is the seal of guarantee), He has covered me with the robe(verb) of righteousness(doing right), As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, As a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 09:51 PM

From what you have said, there is nothing wrong with your clothes...the whole thing begins from the mind for example if i put on my decent dress or skirt (which ends around the knees) and someone is really bothered,then that means he really had a problem with his head. but for the Muslim community, it is understandable. if your way of dressing stumbles someone, them i would suggest you change your way of dressing...

Am example is when we went for a mission trip to a certain remote resettlement where people look at "short skirts", jeans...as terrible. we had to change our dress code so as to respect their culture...and of course that helped because we were able to talk to them about Christ and a good relationship between us was built... I hope this makes some sense.

:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2012 10:11 AM

thanks for encourage comments brother and sister. Thanks God, everything is fine and dinner is awesome. I love it :hearts:.

The man who followed him, keeping their eyes for the good of the women and the glory of God that created it. The women, who followed him, treat him according to the values of Jesus, not the values of the world. God bless all :) be blessed always