Author Thread: Old Testament Customs
hwkns_dn

View Profile
History
Old Testament Customs
Posted : 1 Feb, 2012 03:20 AM

We should study the bible and obey. God wants a better life for us and we tend to ignore Him because of our sin.

‎‎For example the bible is very clear on Homosexuality it is an unnatural act. The way men & women were created was so they could have children. The sensual feeling was given so we would enjoy making love with each other.

If you think that homosexuality is right it is because God gave you up to uncleanness. He is letting you deal with the circumstances you are bringing on yourselves. God still loves you and wants you to have salvation and all you have to do is turn from the wrong you have been doing and ask our Lord for salvation.

There is no one that can sin too much that God can�t reach down and save you from your sin. The only unforgivable sin is not asking our Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

ROMANS 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Christ built the church on a rock �a strong foundation� a place to assemble our selves together so we can learn what God wants for us. The bible was given to us so we will know how to receive salvation and live life.

MATTHEW 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Just because we don't follow some of the Old Testament customs doesn't mean that we can disobey God. Look to the Old Testament for the foundation and base "The Ten Commandments". Look to the New Testament for instruction on how we should live after Christ has died and rose to save us.

The Jewish people are Gods people but God created us all to have life eternal and like the Jewish people We still sin in this life. If we obey and ask for salvation God will take our sin away.

EXODUS 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [is] mine:

PSALMS 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ�s Name. Have faith in what your praying and you will be saved. Here is a sample prayer.

�God I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve, so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven."

"Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.�

Come and tell a Christian church you have asked for salvation and they will help you grow in Christ. Come to Sunday school you will find it to be a great reward.