Author Thread: how many times can a person get baptised
Admin

how many times can a person get baptised
Posted : 22 Jan, 2012 05:39 AM

hello i am wondering is it wrong to be baptised more then once i would like to hear what others think thanks for taking the time to read this

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2012 12:35 AM

I believe one time is sufficient but it has to be the person's choice. Baptism of a baby or child doesn't count as baptism to me.

Bless,

Ken

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2012 03:16 AM

It depends....If you are talking about having been baptised (born again) by your own choice but did not follow the Lord with your heart afterwards but are now living a good christian life then I don't think you necessarily need to be baptised again. We are human and will make mistakes and sin if we are not 100% honest with ourselves about our faith. If you have been baptised as an adult then you have accepted Jesus as your saviour and whether it takes you a day, month or year to give your life to Him you have already made the choice through baptism

I agree that baby baptism does not count, it doesn't make much sense to me

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2012 11:35 AM

If you are "born again" when you get baptised then you need to get baptised only once, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Baptizim does not save you. Only Jesus saves.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2012 01:30 PM

Yup !!! Baptizim does Not Save you...Only Christ Jesus can and will...as for the how many times on Baptizim...

Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, [one baptism,]

Be Blessed...xo

meagan89

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 05:04 PM

I don't think it's necessarily wrong to get baptized more than once, but it is certainly not necessary. Like others have said, baptism does not save you...there's nothing special in the water. Baptism is just a symbolic way to publicly announce your love of the Lord and commitment to follow him. If you feel like you were not in the right state of mind during a previous baptism and it did not hold the meaning it was supposed to, but you have grown since then and understand the meaning, then it would be a good idea to be baptized again.

RevWilliam

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2012 07:21 AM

In the Bible you will never read anything about someone being Baptized more than once. So I believe like others have said that unless you did against your will then the one time is enough the only other exception is if it was done incorrectly. You must be fully submerged in water Baptized in Jesus name. :)

Mathew5

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2012 01:06 AM

check out the apostles creed, how ever if some movement has convinced you to be baptised again I wouldnt lose any sleep over it