Author Thread: Why Are You Sitting In Church Today?
Len1932

View Profile
History
Why Are You Sitting In Church Today?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 08:25 PM

LEN'S LINES --- A Little Religion On A Positive Note By Len Granger

Why Go To Church?

We get subject material for Len's Lines from column readers and we really appreciate their response. We try to reach out to people all over the world with the Good Word of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is especially rewarding to have my brother, a preacher in Iowa, send this story on Why We Should Attend Church.

He says a Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard

something like 3,000 sermons.. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them... So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column,

much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone

wrote this clincher:

" I've been married for 30 years now.. In that time my wife has cooked

some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire

menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this.. They all

nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife

had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be

spiritually dead today!"

When you are DOWN to nothing...... God is UP to something!

FAITH sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical and our spiritual nourishment!

This is one of his favorite sayings which I think everyone should read. We all face challenges every day, but our Lord stands besides us, and the Lord says he will never leave us. This we read in the Bible, Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have, for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me?"

We trust this coming Sunday, we will be in the church of our choice, singing and worshiping our Lord Jesus Christ, God Bless America

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2012 07:48 AM

I'm against organized religion. I can open my Bible, read it in my room, sing and praise in my room and pray to God in my room. Since God lives in me, then God dwells in my house, so why should I go to a structure (church) to worship God, when He is already at my house?

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2012 08:38 AM

being around other Christians can help your walk.

that being said, I am looking for a good church.

the church I go to just seems so "slick", like they are more for putting on a good show, then worshiping?!

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History

the church I go to just seems so "slick", like they are more for putting on a good show, then worshiping?!

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 08:43 PM

it all started in the beginning,GOD said," Let there be light!"and it was,and then along time later...we were on the move and stopped for dinner in this lil town.

Miraculously with in 10 minutes,we had a place to land...

along came the Wednesday Night Bible Study and previous to attendance i met a man,and it was as if we had a three way conference call with The Father of the Creation of Light.not a word was spoken yet it was as if the hearts to the LORD ," this is who YOU send " and " this is why i am now here " and so it is....

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2012 05:40 PM

Good post Len.

I love going to my church, and I haven't always been a church goer. I was brought up catholic, then became what you'd call "agnostic" through my later teen years up until my early 20's and now I consider myself just Christian and attend a small non denominational church, with the most loving people.

What I recieve out of going to this church, is hearing God's word preached from the Bible (pretty much like a Bible study, we went through the book of John, then Romans, now Psalms)... praising and worshipping Him with other believers...having the people of God pray for each other and others we have on our hearts...and fellowship. My son goes to Sunday school with the other kids and it's a positive experience for all of us.

I have absolutely nothing against going to church with other believers because where two or more are gathered in His name, there He is.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2012 05:44 PM

Just because some churches have hidden agendas (as the Bible clearly states there will be wolves in sheeps clothing), doesn't mean all churches are bad. It's unfortunate that people's bad experiences with one church they went to will give them a negative view on all churches and religion altogether. Jesus called for unity among all the believers, but people, who are not perfect, and are sinful, created various interpretations of the Bible, and practices and others couldn't agree with them, so they left and created their own denomination. All in all, not what Jesus wanted, but He does want His people to be in unity.