Author Thread: Profile photo
Admin

Profile photo
Posted : 5 Nov, 2011 04:04 PM

I wondering if it�s me or if it�s a female thing that I be a little upset when I see a profile picture on a man not have any clothes on his upper body ( I espect the down areawith clothes on )

Doesn�t men see it as not wrong to sit nude and be a Christian ? or is it just one special that do it ?

That a man mybe are not thinking that the background on the picture should be as nice as he is that can I understand that we can forget but there is some pictures with very bad background for example lots of trash, empty boxes, not clean plates....

As I am a woman do I seldom see a woman�s profile picture but mybe is it many women that sit pretty nude too ?

Is it o.k. to be nude on pictures and be a christian ?

View Profile
History
Profile photo
Posted : 13 Nov, 2011 06:34 AM

I think it depends on the setting. If the guy/girl enjoys the water sports and puts a photo of himself/herself participating in something he/she enjoys doing, I think it is okay. However any photos at home that attempt to produce provocative photos are not okay. I have seen a few myself and I can see how whether a man or woman can cause temptation to others with such photos.

RandallJewell

View Profile
History
Profile photo
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 07:52 AM

Spot on ^^^^

It's so dissapointing and discouraging to come across profiles with pictures that were obviously taken to provoke sexual/lustful thoughts. Like com'on. You and I both know why you took that picture. Really aggravates me to the point of anger.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
History
Profile photo
Posted : 10 Dec, 2011 10:13 AM

iheartdogs

Remember: For they being ignorant of God�s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. Rom 10:3

It is not about what we think, but what God has inspired in the word that determines whether an act is sin or not. Exposing one's nakedness in public for others to view is still sin, no matter how we view it. It is an act of presumptuous pride before God and others.

We are still living in the flesh of Adam whether we choose to accept it our not. God covered the man and the woman, though they were the only two humans in his presence at that time.

This is because their sin destroyed their coverings of innocence, which made them pure before God and each other.

God had never planned for the man and the woman to know or see each other through the veil of sinful flesh, and so he covered them. so that the shame of their nakedness would not be openly exposed.

This still holds true today. Displaying ones nakedness openly, is a proud defiant display and proclamation of ones own corrupt sinfulness.

Through the atoning death of the Christ, our spiritual nakedness has been clothed by the righteous of Christ, as long as we abide in Him. On the other, our flesh is still waiting to be clothed in redemption, and therefore must remain covered.

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in

pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Rom. 8:22-23

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou

wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Rev 3:15-19

SELAH

View Profile
History
Profile photo
Posted : 30 Dec, 2011 11:33 AM

Devoted,

My example was based on pictures I have seen. Guys with long shorts on the lake or beach. What would you have them wear? Jeans and a tshirt is not really ideal when participating in water sports.

What about women? Perhaps that "swimsuit" that resembles the jihab worn by muslim women to show modesty? Actually, they wear that to not show any skin.

Regardless of what I (example) wear, if the mind of the observer is corrupted, it will lust after what he sees (if I wore a 2 piece bathing suit) OR what he cannot see (a jihab swimsuit).

View Profile
History
Profile photo
Posted : 1 Jan, 2012 11:12 PM

God covered the man and the woman

View Profile
History
Profile photo
Posted : 1 Jan, 2012 11:14 PM

Sorry, it cut off my last one.

But you might want to re-read the scriptures a bit. Adam and Eve were naked in the Garden until after they sinned, when they clothed themselves.

As to the OP, I think people have their own right to do as they please with the pictures. I personally think it's odd to just take a picture without my shirt on for no reason. However, there have been good points about the water sports.

Temptation is something we all go through, and it's up to us to fight it. We can blame others for being a part of the temptation, or we can deal with the temptation and grow from it ourselves. I don't think a shirtless picture (of a guy) would cause many sexual thoughts, but then again, I am not a woman and my thinking is different.