Author Thread: A poem by "Jackie"
Admin

A poem by "Jackie"
Posted : 17 Aug, 2011 01:18 PM

This is a poem written by "Jackie" (2000). The text below is a translation into English, but it's possible that it has been translated from English earlier. The author is only known as "Jackie".

"Mom, I'm only three centimeters long, but I've got all of my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Every time I hear it, I move my legs. The sound of your heart is my favorite lullaby.

Mom, today I learned how to suckle my thumb. If you can see me, you can definitely tell that I'm a baby. I'm not big enough to leave my home yet. It's so warm and nice in here.

Do you know what mom, I'm a girl! I hope that it makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don't like it when you're crying. The voice is so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can't hear me.

Mom, my hair has starting growing. It's very short and nice, but I want more of it. I spend a lot of my time practising. I'm able to turn my head, curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I'm quite good at it.

You were at the doctor's today. Mom, he lied to you. He said that I'm not a baby. I am a baby mom, your baby. I think and feel. Mom, what's abortion?

I can hear the doctor again. I don't like him. He seems so cold and heartless. Something is breaking into my home... The doctor calls it a needle. Mom, what is it? It burns. Please stop him! I can't get away from it! Mom!!! HELP ME!! Please.. IT'S HURTING ME!! MOM!!!! NO!!!

Mom, I'm ok. I'm in God's hands. He's holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn't you want me mom?

Reference: Andreas Hesselberg (2009)