Admin

Worldly Music
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 10:50 PM

Should Christians listen to it on a daily basis? :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Worldly Music
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 11:00 PM

I'll admit that I do. I listen to country music and sometimes it is Christian. Something I've started doing..it's like a game..I'll change the words of a song while I'm singing it to make it edifying to God. :) And sometimes, when they're playing a love song, I'll think of it as God's love for me or my love for Him. :)

View Profile
History
Worldly Music
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 01:28 PM

Mnay of the old music like Mozart which I do not like is not glorifing god is ok. i like miltary marches and such. I also like russian music.

But I hate hard rock as it usually glorifies the evil one.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Worldly Music
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 03:02 PM

I think it depends on what you mean by "worldy." Just because a certain song or piece of music isn't labeled "Christian" doesn't make it bad. There are a lot of "classical" pieces that were written by some very ungodly composers, and Christians don't usually put up a fuss about them. For example, think about The Nutcracker ballet that is a Christmas favorite...Tchaikovsky was a homosexual, but we sure do love his music. (Have I ruined The Nutcracker for you all yet? Lol! :angel: )

To me, where the problem comes in is if the lyrics are intentionally lewd, full of profanity, or blatantly anti-Christian. Regarding instrumental music, any type of music that intentionally imitates music used in satanic rituals is probably something to be avoided.

I know music is often considered to be something of a gray area, but here is how I make my decisions about music: if I would be uncomfortable playing that CD/song/radio station with God in the car with me, I choose to turn it off. After all, God IS in the car with me. And listening in on my MP3 player, and hearing me sing in the shower, etc.

View Profile
History
Worldly Music
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 09:15 AM

Beth and browneyedgirl, does that mean you too are unable to listen to your own kind of music. Red neck music!!!!!!! :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Worldly Music
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 11:22 AM

Dennis is going to get :boxing::MrT: by BC and T the :angel::angel:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Worldly Music
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 04:01 PM

More like BC and browneyed the------>:devil: and:angeldevil:

Thus speaks the truth of dennis :ROFL: