Author Thread: Racism or Generalization?
Admin

Racism or Generalization?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 10:31 AM

I was surprised to see that there are a lot of wonderful christian men out here! But sadly, I've read many profiles of men who doesn't want to meet women from my country (the Philippines), and some doesn't want women from Southeast Asia and Africa. What shocked me the most is that some of these men testify that they are true christians who are active in church, and some are even ministers. Wow! it's really hurtful and insulting. Come to think of it.. is this what the Bible taught us? is this what Jesus will do? is this what we learned from church? If we christians cannot love everyone as they are, how can we truthfully and whole heartedly tell the world about Jesus? I understand that this is a dating site and some concerns fill our minds. But seriously, if u are just looking for friends, why apply racism or generalization? This is not how TRUE CHRISTIANS think! I really hope that everyone will comprehend that not all Filipinas, not all women from Southeast Asia and Africa are 'Gold-Diggers'. I'm speaking out loud for all the women of those countries that are being looked down upon, we are not to be judged by where we come from nor by the color of our skin!

:stop: One fact that every man should know - wherever you are, you are surrounded by women who are users. They are everywhere, and, yes, even in first world countries. If you were used by a Filipina for money, probably married you only for the visa, I'm sorry for what happened but u should come to realize that that's an isolated case. NOT ALL women from the Philippines have that intentions.

:prayingm: Don't get me wrong, I completely understand guys who want women from within their radar and that each and everyone has his own preferences. But those guys who put comments like "i don't want to meet women from the Philippines because i don't want drama, i don't want someone to beg me for money, i won't petition anyone, NO Gold-diggers!" This message is for you, I hope you take the time to read the verses below and I pray to God that He'll instill realizations in you.

James 4:11-12 ESV

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Galatians 5:14 ESV

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: �You shall love your neighbor as yourself.�

God Bless!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2011 09:02 AM

stamperards, thanks for the reply! i somehow get ur point. im referring to those brothers (men) who type bad things about filipinas and that's what the verse is about. Those men claim to be christians but why can't they say no to filipinas in a nicer way? Sure enough, there are scammers of any race and any age.

dYanie

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2011 06:13 AM

yea, you are right, not only saying not good to filipinas but also...they letting get your heart but in the end they letting you down, and you just get shock that all of what happened and said unto you is all lie... and note to everyone... not only filipinas or ladies are making drama, their are also lot of guys there and here (foreign guys ) who make their own lies to get what they want... but i know not all of them are that kind of people...so you (the one telling bad words to others) have no right to criticized or judged the entire filipinas just because of your experience in 1 or more filipinas or just even heard by someone, because you are not GOD so be nice just even in a word

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2011 06:20 AM

Thanks dYanie! Exactly, u get my opinion. I hope they will realize...

dYanie

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2011 12:10 PM

in a real world no one will realize what they said or done unless they will accept what's the fact is;;; i know we all here have different belief, culture and etc but come to think of it this is a christian dating site not other dating site, so it means christian people are not so mean, so if you are not real christian and just looking for fun and so rude to someone can u please not in this site coz lot of here are really looking for real someone to be with and maybe looking for their prince to rescue them

NOTE: who ever that guy who don't like or want filipina or asian, U, u can say it in nice word (sorry, im not here to offend someone or something but i will not entertain asian or filipina ) even you offended somebody's feelings but its ok we understand coz you do it in a nice way... as what i had said we have different culture and beliefs but do not think just yourself but also think first before expressing your thoughts and opinion coz you are a christian right??? let say that you just a straight forward person but still you are christian... hope you got my point,

Or you will note wrote those thing, if their going to pm you just tell her that sorry but i cannot entertain you, im just looking for my place near by,,, thats really a straight forward person not posting any comment and criticize us coz what i or we had said not all of us is like what you think so others will be affected... and if you looking just for a friend... what the reason of posting anything like drama or no need filipina... what the point??? it's how you really don't like or hate filipinas? if that so, hope GOD will give a peace of mind and forgiving those filipinas or asian who hurt you in the past... hope you will find your happiness coz i think you done those thing coz you still hurt and not yet over come your past..i do understand but still...always think of it...where ever you go there always be someone will fool, play, hurt or even more on you not only filipina..GOD BLESS YOU

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2011 05:47 PM

There are two sides to every story.

I would like a girl that loves the TRUTH and COMMITMENT and wants to OBEY the SCRIPTURES.

Obviously I do NOT want a glutton, greedy, lying, thief who only wants to use and abuse me.

I have lived as a missionary in the Philippines longer than most Filipinos have lived here - that is a fact! I had 9 wonderful years with a Filipina wife before the Lord took her home. Most of the Filipinas I know are good and decent people.

However, I would like someone at an intellectual and spiritual level that can see obeying God's Word (not simply being religious) as a lifestyle. Likewise, because of my visa, I can only entertain a lifetime commitment with a woman in the Philippines (so any American girls reading this would need to become missionaries first!).

However, the truth is the majority of girls (Filipinas) who write to me want money. A large percent ask in their first message when I am going back to the USA and will I take them with me (For the record, I am not going to the USA because God called me here!).

Now I personally know of a number of Filipinas who feel it is a game to trick Kano (Foreigners) into sending them money. One example is a teacher at the Baptist school near my home that my kids used to go to. She and her husband go to the Internet cafe and play this game and earn about P50,000 (US$1,000) a month - that is very big money here.

I actually know a number of Filipinas who do this. Some are in my late (patay) wife's family. So I can really understand the danger. And I have been fooled myself. Some of these girls are experts at pretending. If you are Baptist they will become Baptist for you, if you are Assembly of God, they will learn the catch phrases of that church.

Generally speaking, girls on Internet dating sites do have a higher number of gold diggers statistically! That is why many websites warn against scamming and warn do not every send money to anyone for any reason whom you have not met personally face to face!

That is not really a generalization when it is a statistic the Philippine government printed in the Newspaper! The majority of profiles on dating websites in 3rd world countries are scammers.

If you think about it, a scammer does NOT play by the rules. A scammer has many profiles on many sites and even steals photos to trick more people to send them what they want, money, sex photos or whatever.

Likewise I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. MANY Filipinas do not want a Black American. Most Filipinas want to lighten their skin like many white Americans spend a billion bucks a year buying coppertone to give them a deep dark tropical tan.

A joke where I live is Americans want to be Cebuanos because they buy coppertone to get "a deep dark tropical tan" AND they are trying to learn to speak Cebuano by placing bumper stickers on their cars that say "USA is #1" (in the Cebuano language "usa" is the word for "one").

As Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, I do not think it is wrong for anyone to be attracted to what they feel is beautiful. Personal choice is sometimes racist. Most people here claim to be looking for a partner, not just friendship ("dating" is not something usually associated with friendship).

The flip side of this is the wording on the sites. If the person is looking withing a certain geographic area, that can be stated without negative comments. I am looking within the Philippines, that is no reflection on some nice girls in Thailand.

Part of the fruit of the spirit is kindness. Although the majority of profiles from the Philippines are scammers (please note, I said profiles and not people. I know of a Filipina in California who runs this scam with dozens of website profiles, and she says she is in the Philippines! I also know a number of gays who run profiles with girls photos on them and claim to be nice Christian girls, just to get money!) - that fact does not mean there is not at least ONE honest girl or guy her from the Philippines.

Remember the parable of the sheep... there was one that was different and needed to be found!

It just means, be careful and do not believe everything you read.

Well, I know many will disagree. But that is my two pesos worth (4 cents worth!).

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2011 07:35 PM

Oikos, I appreciate your reply. I believe that this serves as an eye opener to both filipinas and foreigners on this site. Yes, I agree that everyone is entitled to free will, each person has his or her preferences. What u said about those filipinas, is heartbreaking! It could be one of the reasons why others belittle us. If only there's a way to make those filipinas stop... But one step we can do I guess is warn foreigners not to send money to anyone they haven't met. Btw, nice to know that you are helping out our fellowmen. Kudos to u! God bless! :waving:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9