Author Thread: Racism or Generalization?
Admin

Racism or Generalization?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 10:31 AM

I was surprised to see that there are a lot of wonderful christian men out here! But sadly, I've read many profiles of men who doesn't want to meet women from my country (the Philippines), and some doesn't want women from Southeast Asia and Africa. What shocked me the most is that some of these men testify that they are true christians who are active in church, and some are even ministers. Wow! it's really hurtful and insulting. Come to think of it.. is this what the Bible taught us? is this what Jesus will do? is this what we learned from church? If we christians cannot love everyone as they are, how can we truthfully and whole heartedly tell the world about Jesus? I understand that this is a dating site and some concerns fill our minds. But seriously, if u are just looking for friends, why apply racism or generalization? This is not how TRUE CHRISTIANS think! I really hope that everyone will comprehend that not all Filipinas, not all women from Southeast Asia and Africa are 'Gold-Diggers'. I'm speaking out loud for all the women of those countries that are being looked down upon, we are not to be judged by where we come from nor by the color of our skin!

:stop: One fact that every man should know - wherever you are, you are surrounded by women who are users. They are everywhere, and, yes, even in first world countries. If you were used by a Filipina for money, probably married you only for the visa, I'm sorry for what happened but u should come to realize that that's an isolated case. NOT ALL women from the Philippines have that intentions.

:prayingm: Don't get me wrong, I completely understand guys who want women from within their radar and that each and everyone has his own preferences. But those guys who put comments like "i don't want to meet women from the Philippines because i don't want drama, i don't want someone to beg me for money, i won't petition anyone, NO Gold-diggers!" This message is for you, I hope you take the time to read the verses below and I pray to God that He'll instill realizations in you.

James 4:11-12 ESV

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Galatians 5:14 ESV

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: �You shall love your neighbor as yourself.�

God Bless!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 07:23 AM

@Mercymay:

i wish their son was my age.. LOL! well, nice to know that.. no worries, we'll find our true love one day!

@LoonyK:

i appreciate ur honest reply. that's exactly my point here, u can actually fix the settings so that foreign women can't contact u if u don't want them to.. thanks for pointing that out! maybe those men are just mean!

@123wc:

Thanks for participating! Yes I understand that people have preferences, and everybody knows what they want. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't take it personally. Now u, what if u see many profiles of women here who don't want to meet men from the Middle East? and they write all the negative comments about u middle eastern men? will that be ok with u?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 07:55 PM

I�ve experienced discrimination against me both in Iraq and in Canada. In Iraq because I was Christian which is a minority, so I have been called names such as �dirty Christian�, �blasphemer�, �unbeliever�, etc. In Canada because I am from Iraq and so I�ve heard it all from �terrorist�, to �have sex with sheep�, etc.

When I was younger I was more sensitive to those things but as I matured I learned to accept them as part of life. We live in an imperfect world and so we have to expect these things, face them, and deal with them courageously and wisely. These things don�t bother me because I would feel bad if I was the wrong doer, but why should I feel bad for someone else�s sins? I consider discrimination against me as a blessing, this way when I come across a similar temptation I know what to say and what not to say. Also, this way one day if I become a father, if it is our Lord�s will, I can bring my children up to view all people as Christ view them.

The world is full of all kind of distractions and if I focus on them for long they will weigh me down, but there isn�t much time to be occupied with these things. God has a will for our lives and that is to glorify Him with our lives. So let people say what they want, and let�s do our Father�s will.

One day you and I will find the right person to spend the rest of our lives with them in love and for the glory of our Lord, and at the end of the day their love and our Lord�s love is what matters.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 07:17 AM

@123wc:

Very well said! It's nice to know that ur a christian, and i get the feeling that u are a true christian. I feel ur pain, I really do. I hope there are more Middle Easterners like u, and I pray to God that may all of u be spared from discrimination and racism. I needed to write this message so I can express myself and get it off my chest, also hoping that our voice will be heard by those men. So far around 800 views now, I never expected that it'll go this far. I admire ur positive outlook in life, and i will definitely consider ur advice. Yes, we will absolutely find the right person for us, and I wish u find a woman who will love u for u. Happy Hunting! :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:17 AM

men are not interested in being used by women to gain access to United States citizenship.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:36 AM

@Itasca:

im sure. but are all women interested to become a US citizen?

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:45 AM

ria915, no, only those who message the men on this site :ROFL:

There is a saying that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. Well in this case, there are a lot of bad apples on this site, which ruins it for everyone else.

Like I said before, wish there was a better way to sort them out.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 12:04 PM

citizenship, welfare, social security, anchor babies etc. The united States of America is heaven on earth to many, many people. Ask a Mexican.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 12:28 PM

No miss understanding friend but the majority of Americans are what you just said.Most of us came from other countries.Mt entire family came to the staes between 1750-1845. I am in that group as are most americans.They wanted the good life.

Ria- the answer to your question. A lady from outside the USA could be just friends and email me.I feel that you and mercymay are ok. Dennis

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 02:35 PM

I think Filipina women are awesome.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 10:45 PM

Dear Mr. Itasca,

You said, "citizenship, welfare, social security, anchor babies etc. The united States of America is heaven on earth to many, many people. Ask a Mexican." I have a story for you here. A friend of mine, Indonesian, she went to the same school with me, now she's studying there in Seattle. When she was here in Indonesia, she never was a criminal victim. Few months after she arrived in Seattle, she was robbed. See the story here just simply shows that "no heaven on earth" type of country in this world, heaven on earth only because we have Jesus inside. You are just simply missing the point of what Ria is saying here. I believe not all Mexicans are feeling that way, please do not use generalization here. Thanks.

Regards,

JLYM

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9