Author Thread: The martial arts
Admin

The martial arts
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 04:09 PM

I realize that I may take a lot of flack here. However, I am going to state my views anyways.

Why do I a christian oppose the martial arts????

Every thing I have read says it is more about, if you do not win you are a weakling. Failure can not be accepted.

It also involves meditation where you are to open up your soul for what????????

The bible does warn us against meditation as it does invite spirits into us.

Some of the Asians use this as a form of false God worship.

God is a jealous god.

We are to have one god.

feel free to debate.

Dennis

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 06:53 PM

Well, one of you should probably stop before you both get stamped by the same label:buddies::ribbit:.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 08:46 PM

Flyinhigh,

Why is it all you do is argue about the argument and not the topic discussed? Why is it when I post actual Mormon Doctrine, all you can say is it isn't true? Why do you think because some politicians are Mormon it somehow makes what I'm saying about Mormon Doctrine untrue?

I know in your spirit you know the answers to those questions. However the real question is will you admit it?

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 09:39 PM

Flyinhigh,

Post Script ~ I just realized I am looking past the subject into the deeper reason you answer the way you do.... You probably will not be able to answer the previous questions honestly, so forget them. Let me make this easy on you:

3 simple questions....(according to Mormon Theology)

1) Where does God live?

2) Does God have a wife?

3) Are Jesus and Satan brothers?

FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 12:22 AM

2shallow said:

Flyinhigh,

Post Script ~ I just realized I am looking past the subject into the deeper reason you answer the way you do.... You probably will not be able to answer the previous questions honestly, so forget them. Let me make this easy on you:

Fly said:

Intellectual dishonesty again? Reductio ad absurdeum. As is the same with all your nonsense and religious bigotry.

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 05:02 AM

Twosparrows: You are correct about the Mormon theology. There is only one truth that FlyinHigh will accept and that is his own.

I think you should add a bit of wisdom to your knowledge and follow Proverbs 26:4 (NASB) Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him.

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 07:40 AM

Cobbler, I see wisdom in your answers. Very mature. :angel:

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 07:53 AM

Yes, Cobbler gave some excellent advice.

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 08:57 AM

Excellent advice, quite applicable actually! Thank you, Cobbler, Joey and Pianogal.

I think I shall be a doer of the Word and not merely a listener : )

FlyinHigh

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 11:55 AM

Cobbler said:

Twosparrows: You are correct about the Mormon theology. There is only one truth that FlyinHigh will accept and that is his own.

Fly said:

No he isn't and youre an intolerant religious bigot as well. Fact of the matter is the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints accept Jesus as the son of God. BTW you are intellectually dishonest as well COBBLER, what you do is called CHERRY PICKING and it is dishonest and manipulative.

cobbler said:

I think you should add a bit of wisdom to your knowledge and follow Proverbs 26:4 (NASB) Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him.

Fly said:

COBBLER you are the one that posted nonsense about martial art and you got taken to task for it. Sweeping Generalizations in the martial arts show your lack of experience and knowledge of the subject matter. That is dishonest to make assumptions on things you have zero experience in. Korean martial arts such as hapkido and kuk sool are not in the category of tae kwon do and tang soo do. Therefore your assumption of:

COBBLER SIAD:

Korea and Japan style of martial arts tend to focus on the fighting, so their styles tend to focus on strength and really hurting people.

Fly said:

Is a complete lie. For yet another example, AIKIDO was founded by O'SENEI a man who was five feet tall. The art is based on leverage and not STRENGTH or HURTING PEOPLE. AIDKIDO IS JAPANESE. Hapkido (KOREAN) is based on many of the same principles of as AIKDIDO with leverage for locking and folding being primary deterrents to an attack.

View Profile
History
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 12:55 PM

*deserted street* ...................(Isaiah 33:8)

*whistling wind*..................... (Proverbs 25:23)

*banging saloon door*........... (Corinthians 13:1)

*blowing dust*........................ (Acts 22:23)

*tattered curtains*................. (Ephesians 4:14)

*rolling tumbleweed*..............(Jude 1:12)

*played out silver mine*........ (Proverbs 2:4)

*moving on*............................ (Matthew 10:14)

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7