Author Thread: Body piercings and Tattoos
cmseeker10

View Profile
History
Body piercings and Tattoos
Posted : 9 Nov, 2010 10:05 PM

I would like to hear from you guys/gals about Christians having a lot of body piercings and tattoos.

I went to my Taebo class this morning and was surprised to see a lady who claims to be a Christian,got a tattoo and had her bb pierced. Personally I don't like tattoos. It's a turn off to me.It would be ok if she had it before getting saved because as we believe,accept Jesus as Lord and savior the old is gone and the new us has come.

Can't wait to read your posts.:peace

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 09:45 AM

@penguinradar

Great post!

thought you might appreciate some food for thought.....

The reason Moses could of NEVER entered the promise land is you cannot mix Law and Grace.

hmmmmm......

penguinradar

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 10:00 AM

Can you unpack that statement, Twosparrows?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 10:20 AM

I agree! Great post, Penguin.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 10:38 AM

If you take the book of Hebrews seriously when it points back to the 'shadows of realities to come' that are fulfilled in Christ; then one can see Moses who represents the Law bringing the hebrews out of slavery through desert that does not support life into a promised land across the river flowing with milk and honey.

Analogies or "shadows" abound here! We to were slaves to sin, wandering in the desert of the Law which does not give life being led by God into the promised land of Grace and a new way of life led by the Spirit which gives life like a land flowing with milk and honey. Even crossing the river could be a shadow of baptism. It however it must be noted that Grace mixed with Law is no Grace at favor (Grace = unmerited favor and the Law merits favor or in our case ; dis-favor). As a shadow of the reality to come Moses could not of entered the promise land.

penguinradar

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 11:52 AM

Haha! What an interesting concept! I love it! Great line of thought, sir.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 01:09 PM

@penguinradar

I certianly hope you stick around. I find you to be a exceptional young lady! Don't worry ; this old geezer is not hitt'n on you...lol. But I must admit I find your mind very attractive. :winksmile:

penguinradar

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 01:14 PM

Well, thank you! I do plan to stick around... I've been a little short on challenging conversation lately, and this site permits the kind of philosophical discussion that I crave! :glow: I hope you stick around too - We could have some interesting discussions "old man." :winksmile:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 06:44 AM

Where is the importance of the Word of God in her life?

"AND BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD?"

"WHY DO YE CALL ME, 'LORD' AND DO NOT THE THINGS THAT I SAY?"

End of subject!

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 07:17 AM

Spoken like a prophet!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 01:49 PM

Hey twosparrows, prophets are fun~they hang out in the pits a lot. P.I.T. = "Prophet in training"~ except nowadays they seem to like dating forums cause the cops drag the street dudes off to jail. :purpleangel:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7