Author Thread: Booze
Admin

Booze
Posted : 21 Sep, 2010 09:30 AM

I, as one who was delivered from the devastating effects of alcohol 5.5 years ago, can't for the life of me understand how professing Christians can think this devilish concoction is ok for their consumption.

Their favourite passage from what I can tell is the one saying Jesus turned water into wine. NOWHERE does it say it was fermented, alcoholic wine. You have to make it say that you fit your theology.

In the Bible God warns against partaking of fermented wine.

Pr 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Isa 5:11, 22 Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink

Isa 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

Pr 23:29-35 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

God said not to even look at it when it's fermenting, much less drink it. It perverts your judgment.

You know what happened to Noah when he drank it. Not good.

You can be the most beautiful woman physically, but if you're down w/ drinking hooch, I find you unattractive and unappealing from that point on.

An people wonder why the u.s. is in the flusher. It's because the standards have been set to include the lowest common denominator. God's commands separation. God doesnt' have a big tent where everyone gets in. Christianity is the most exclusive, divisive religion in history.

If anyone disagrees, it's not w/ me but w/ the Book.

I would like to hear why drinking alcoholic beverages is ok for Christians.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Booze
Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 01:19 PM

:rolleyes:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Booze
Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 02:55 PM

Since you will not be replying i have no reason to refute all you said which would be easy to do. The fact the Vatican was holding the manuscripts and not allowing anyone to read them is a sign that they were good if you ask me. When they finally allowed people to look at them people realized they were not like the Latin texts which would have made the Vatican look bad. Also pointing to what the one guy one the NASB committee said is not proof that's called an accusation. And since i could prove the KJV is not 100% by pointing out the mistranslation in Hebrews 4:8-9. It should have been translated as Joshua not Jesus.

View Profile
History
Booze
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 02:08 AM

Get back to basics Jesus died for our sins learn to love one another ,ya bore me with your pettie arguments.

View Profile
History
Booze
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 09:55 AM

You say ; YOU WANT TO GO BY THE BOOK . . . . . . . .

*******1 Cor 6: 12*******

"Everything is permissible for me - - But not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me - - But I will not be mastered by anything."

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6