Author Thread: still rankled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
still rankled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 12:38 PM

what is a good come-back for a racist?

I was at a local restarant last night with my daughter, who is mature but inocent for her age "22". She mentioned a black guy asked her out. This is okay by me, my family is mixed, although, my daughter and i appear white. That's when an older man leaned over to our table and made a VERY racist remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was angry, shocked, and gave one word answers until he left us alone. i'm still P.O.!

what as Christian should i have done?

(i'm trying to forgive him)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 09:53 AM

DHTM,

Squeak, squeak, squeak,

Sorry brother you chose the wrong road : ( I was really hoping you were going to step up and do the right thing : (

If you look directly above the post you posted which you 'claim' is me calling siylii a "feminist" (I disagree), anyway look directly above it, siylii comes right out and says she feels I am slightly "sexist". Now if you were a honest man you would post a retraction....we shall see.....

You cited 'this' as a example of me calling siylii a feminist??? :rolleyes:

"However if you and I had the same discussion, in a few posts you would have me labeled as a wife beating dictator calling you a bra burning feminist. Ok, I did exaggerate for effect, but I hope you see the point."

*Did you throw your reading comprehension skills out the window?! Do you really need me to explain it? I never took you to be one that would be intellectually dishonest. Ok, in short this post says that a discussion with siylii would result in 'her saying I was calling her a feminist'. No need to post a retraction for this one Mark, a simple apology will do.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 10:27 AM

lol...well, if you take a minute to stop dancing around sentence structure and thought about how you come across, then you might be more inclined to see the other side. Whether you meant it as a insult or not, it sounded like one, and what was said after was an overreaction to her "impression" which she stated as such. So to me, that means you were put on the defensive, became unreasonable, and started assuming things. In fact...you could say you were being sexist/ageist:winksmile:, because you "assumed" that because she was female/young, she must be influenced by feminism. Anyway...I think we've all danced around enough and thrown our fair share of assumption/pseudo-insults/pride. I apologize for mine, I'll do better in the future, just please remember that everyone is not as "solid" as you are, and we all aren't immune to becoming offended by teasing/mockery(which you admit to now...weird).

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 10:45 AM

Squeak squeak squeak?

I take it if DHTM would have been in complete agreement with you that would have been the right road?

:prayingf: Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 11:18 AM

A apology! But no retraction?...lol....Ok, I will focus on the positive, not the negative. Be thankful for what I have been given, not what I don't have. I will appreciate the smallest try and reward the slightest effort! Thank you Mark.

To explain about "weird" : If something appears solid, yet you have doubt, what do you do?....push on it alittle and the truth will be revealed....yes I understand how I can come across; sometimes I love to post things that can be taken more than one way, thus revealing the true nature of the reader by their response.

You know Mark there is lots of beneficial things to glean from all of this for everyone involved, myself included.

Siylii, I have so many wonderful things I would love to share with you, things that I know would be beneficial for your life. However I sense you are not open to them from me.

.... siylii, if you took that as sarcastic it has just shown you something about yourself, if you care to look.

I agree, Mark, I think this has run its course.

Btw, I harbor no hard feelings towards either of you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 11:26 AM

No Deborah,.....but in agreement with the absolute documented truth. Deborah : It is documented....it can be proved....a man would admit it

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:35 PM

It is documented/proven in your opinion:winksmile:. Doesn't make it true, ya know. Lots of people demand they are right and someone else is wrong, it doesn't make them %100 right.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 01:02 PM

DHTM

That is exactly what I am talking about .....you are being intellectually dishonest. This is not the debate of a Godly man. Do you not believe in absolute truth?

Did siylii use the word sexist before I used the word feminist? The absolute truth is she used the word sexist first. It is documented. Now that it has been proved, you should man up and admit it, but you have choosen the way of the mouse. Now with this last post you declare absolute truth is just opinion? I wouldn't want to generalize, but you are seeming more and more a product of a generation nursed on revisionsist history and relative truth. I never took you for that, either I was wrong or siylii has you by the huevous.

The two biggest stumbling blocks for a man doing the right thing are 1) pride 2) a woman. It's in the Book.

It is still not to late to do the right thing........

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 01:25 PM

i started this post, and i will finish it!!!!!!!!!! if ya'll don't QUIT fighting i'm gonna come though this computer and whip BOTH your butts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE two-sparrows dry, witty, remarks. He an old-school TX gentleman, and the world needs more of those! i don't alway agree with him, but love his posts!

Sili and Don't Hit, i LOVE your post too!!!! How gentle and loving you both are; you truly care for people!

This being said, now STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 01:27 PM

i sound like my Mother!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 01:28 PM

Yes, Mother!:laugh:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7