History
Sarcasm
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 11:33 PM

Should a Christian use sarcasm?

View Profile
History
Sarcasm
Posted : 24 Dec, 2010 11:50 AM

:bouncy:...Ola everybody...:bouncy:...jus...:bouncy:...through to see how Yall are doin...( "Well Now" )< Sarcasm >...:winksmile:...Looks like things are goin as well as spected with the Sarcasm Thread...carry on...Jus wanna let Yall know ima hopein Yall hava Blessed & Merry Christmas...:bouncy:...

S ~ Silliness

A ~ Always

R ~ Richly

C ~ Causes

A ~ Audacious

S ~ Sarcastic

M ~ Merriment�.

:goofball:...xo

View Profile
History
Sarcasm
Posted : 24 Dec, 2010 12:28 PM

Hot dog!!!!!!!! (sarcasm)

Now I see what it really is. Sil to be honset I am not always sarcastic, just to those who obey the law (legalistic) and brow beat those who are saved by grace.

I use it to teach them they are not pefect.Paul did it, Elijah did.

penguinradar

View Profile
History
Sarcasm
Posted : 24 Dec, 2010 03:41 PM

My father once told me that I could say anything I want to people as long as I say it with respect. Sarcasm is tricky, because when used properly it can be a tool to help people see truth or find humor in difficult situations; however, when used improperly it spurns negative feelings, including dislike and even hatred.

It's all about the heart, people. If we use sarcasm to call people out and attempt to make them look like fools in front of others, we need to examine our hearts and ask God to work the hatred out of our veins.

And for the record, if you're going to debate someone in a forum, you need to understand the concept of logical fallacies. Here are seven that some tend to use the most as I have noticed on these forums:

1. Argument from repetition (argumentum ad nauseam): signifies that it has been discussed extensively (possibly by different people) until nobody cares to discuss it anymore

2. Appeal to ridicule: a specific type of appeal to emotion where an argument is made by presenting the opponent's argument in a way that makes it appear ridiculous

3. Ad hominem: attacking the person instead of the argument

4. Appeal to motive: where a premise is dismissed, by calling into question the motives of its proposer

5. Chronological snobbery: where a thesis is deemed incorrect because it was commonly held when something else, clearly false, was also commonly held

6. Straw man argument: based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position

7. Poisoning the well: where adverse information about a target is preemptively presented to an audience, with the intention of discrediting or ridiculing everything that the target person is about to say

I have noticed these fallacies from many different people on these forums. We need to avoid using these, because they are some of the most insulting fallacies out there. I think if we all examine this list, we will find that we have all been guilty of using one or more of them at some point in the past few months on here. The use of sarcasm on this site so far that I have seen falls under the category of "appeal to ridicule." Meaning the sarcasm used here is mostly rude and insulting, and it just makes the user appear to be pig-headed and arrogant.

View Profile
History
Sarcasm
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 10:26 PM

Oops, Just a reminder when you are being sarcastic/funny: The other person doesn't always realize this. I inserted my foot into mouth earlier today...again! So my apologies are up to date lol. Have a great one everyone!...And no, I'm not being sarcastic lol:yay:

Page : 1 2 3 4