Author Thread: Is sexual intimacy acceptable for Christian Men or Women?
Jeremiah21

View Profile
History
Is sexual intimacy acceptable for Christian Men or Women?
Posted : 4 Oct, 2010 04:52 PM

Is sexual intimacy acceptable for men and women who are Christ followers? Do we have a different standard for dating? Please be able to defend your position from a biblical perspective.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 12:44 PM

shepherdingking said: Why do you think I want to justify myself? I have no interest in sex before marriage.

That's what it was sounding like to me and others here. So are you justifying it for someone else? (maybe a son or daughter)

shepherdingking said: But there are some that say it is wrong, even forbidding marriage and all sex.

Ok if anyone (catholics) is forbidding marriage and sex then they are wrong. I don't think anyone here has said that or implied that, only you keep bring it up.

shepherdingking said: Stone the homosexual prostitutes if you like, but do not condemn young people who fall in love and get pregnant. That is a type of reverse sexual abuse on young people.

You are twisting thing all out of whack. First off, as far as I know from bad memory, immoral sex was never punishable by death, (homosexuality yes, but not heterosexual sex). No one condemns young people for falling in love. If they are fornicating and get pregnant then it is a sin that needs to be repented of (publicly before the church) and is forgivable. That of course is if they are indeed Christians. When heathens are acting like heathens, that is to be expected, but the question is for "true" Christians.

shepherdingking said: Your question, "Is sexual intimacy acceptable for Christian Men or Women" I say yes.

I and others here would strongly disagree with you, and we base this not on opinion but what the Bible teaches. I just watched a young couple in my church that did not even kiss while dating and they just got married, it was a very beautiful thing to watch. It can be done when they LORD is first in the relationship.

Personally I am at war with this sin and if there was justification for this I would want it. But I know it is a gross sin before God, (almost every book in the Bible has something to say about sex) and out of love for my Savior I war and refrain from sexual intimacy that would only get the motor revved up and when the motor is revved I know where it will take me. That is why we need to teach our young Christians to not dance in the fire because they will suffer burns. Not to NEVER get married or have sex (the marriage bed is undfiled) If anyone is teaching this they need to be taken down from thier teaching position.

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 01:02 PM

How far is too far? It depends on what your definitionof sex is. Is it Clinton's spin on sex? did Clinton not have sex with that woman.

I would say kissing is OK because women see kissing as a test to see if they like a guy that way. But I do not think it a hard and fast biblical rule.

The biblcal rule is 1 Thess.4:3-5,

"this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that

NO ONE SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AND DEFRAUD HIS BROTHER IN THIS

matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned"

What I see is a right way and wrong way for sex. And when you use and abuse (defraud) a woman (or man) inthat way God will avenge.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 03:00 PM

Think about it. . . . . .

What could be more sexually intimate than two people saving themselves for each other in marriage and exclusively for one another?

*thinking*

*thinking*

*thinking*

Nope, can't think of a single thing.

Jeremiah21

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 03:38 PM

nothing at all!

cowgirl1984

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 04:17 PM

MrRow said: "First off, as far as I know from bad memory, immoral sex was never punishable by death, (homosexuality yes, but not heterosexual sex)."

I know you're only saying as far as you know, but seeing as I JUST read this in the Bible about a week ago, heterosexual sex WAS punishable by death.

Leviticus 20:10-12, 14 (NASB)

Verse 10 says "If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Verses 11, 12, and 14 are essentially about different forms of incest, but still heterosexual. Verse 10 is about cheating/adultery, which is heterosexual and NOT involving incest or bestiality, and it is punishable by death.

A better reference for both promiscuity by an unmarried single girl and also adultery for married AND engaged persons.

Deuteronomy 22:20-27 (NLT)

"20 But suppose the man's accusations are true, and he can show that she was not a virgin. 21 The woman must be taken to the door of her father's home, and there the men of the town must stone her to death, for she has committed a disgraceful crime in Israel by being promiscuous while in her parents' home. In this way, you will purge this evil from among you.

22 If a man is discovered committing adultery, both he and the woman must die. In this way, you will purge Israel of such evil.

23 Suppose a man meets a young woman, a virgin who is engaged to be married, and he has sexual intercourse with her. If this happens within a town, 24 you must take both of them to the gates of that town and stone them to death. The woman is guilty because she did not scream for help. The man must die because he violated another man's wife. In this way, you will purge this evil from among you.

25 But if a man meets the engaged woman out in the country, and he rapes her, then only the man must die. 26 Do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no crime worthy of death. She is as innocent as a murder victim. 27 Since the man raped her out in the country, it must be assumed that she screamed, but there was no one to rescue her."

There are more references but I'm tired of typing :ROFL: Basically, there are a lot of examples of heterosexual sex outside of marriage that were punishable by death.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 10:13 PM

OK I surrender! Should have done my home work. Anyway that just supports the view that God is serious about this sin and to take it lightly would not be wise. (This is a personal note to self.)

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2010 06:54 AM

Why are you using Old testament references? Stay focused on Paul's teaching on this topic --he was charged by Jesus to bring the gospel to the gentiles (us) .

I shall quote from 1 Corinthians on the topic of fornication and hopefully bring this topic to a conclusion pleasing to Jesus and the apostle Paul:

1 Corinthians chapter 6 verse 18-20 :

" Shun fornication! Every sin that a person commits is out side the body; but the fornicator sins against the body itself. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body."

I Corinthians chapter 5 verse 9-13:

" I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral persons---not at all meaning the immoral of the world, or the greedy and robbers, or idolaters, since you would then need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother or sister who is sexually immoral or greedy, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or robber. Do not even eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging those outside? Is it not those who are inside that you are to judge? God will judge those outside. Drive out the wicked person from among you."

1 Corinthians chapter 5 verse1,5 :"

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and a kind that is not found among the pagans...you are to hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord."

Below I have summarized the three important points:

1.) Each of our bodies is the temple of the Holy Spirit and we are commanded NOT TO DEFILE IT by engaging in fornication.

2.) If some one within your church body is engaged in acts of sexual immorality etc YOU ARE TO DRIVE THE WICKED PERSON FROM AMONG YOU.

3.) The exiling of the sinner is for THE SAKE OF HIS OR HER SALVATION.

You will note in point three that Paul did not say take him out and stone him to death as old testament law requires.

This is an issue of our Holiness and the defilement of the Holy. Consequently, unmarried Christians are not to give license to their sexual desires nor are they to tempt another through words, touch or dress to cause another to commit the sin of fornication. For if you do the penalty is very harsh.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2010 10:10 AM

Thank you Itasca! Again I stand corrected you are right. We should be looking at the New Testament for our guidance on this subject. Good points in your post!!

Jeremiah21

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2010 10:54 AM

Itasca:

Thank you for clarifying!!!

Jeremiah21

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2010 10:55 AM

Mr. Row: We appreciate your teachable attitude!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5