Author Thread: Fornication
Admin

Fornication
Posted : 1 Oct, 2010 09:33 PM

How can someone who claims to be a Christian live in fornication and justify their life style?

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 14 Oct, 2010 04:39 PM

I agree with fornication as a presentation of harlotry whether it be in the mind or in the flesh. And a wife can play the harlot while married, see Judges 19.

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 14 Oct, 2010 06:12 PM

I'll play devil's advocate here and mention no-fault divorce. Is it worth getting married when the other person can divorce you at any time for no reason at all?

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 11:00 AM

No fault divorce is like the divorce fior "any cause" Jesus was asked about. Jesus did not condem or afirm it. Because it was of a certain Rabbi's of that day who many supported. And they put the question to Jesus in an attapt to have HIM contradict the Law of Moses. Jesus did not bite. Instead HE went straight to the heart. Pointing out it was a hardness of heart they should be concerned about.

Basically, if one person deos not want to be married any more then it's over. But the next week the next day or the next year they may change their mind and want them back. That is why the divorce, acording to Moses was to be finalized with a writting from the elders. So time and care should taken before any divorce and for that matter any marriage too.

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 02:26 PM

....:bouncy:...Dont mind me...Ima jus bouncin through seein what Scripture Sqaushin & Smashin is goin on...Hummm Hummm...I see alota Justification...

Well Hells Bells...:party:...Lets just Justify by goin an getin Married ( Joined in Flesh ) for the Night...an ifin in the mornin ya Feel like getin a Divorce...heck...go for it...ya can Repent after right ???...or Better yet...Dont SIN ta begin with...:winksmile:...xo

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 04:21 PM

"Lets just Justify by goin an getin Married ( Joined in Flesh ) for the Night...an ifin in the mornin ya Feel like getin a Divorce...heck...go for it...ya can Repent after right ???..."

That is how pagans do it.

it is already mentioned in the bible, 1 Thess. 4:4-6...

"every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; 5Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: 6That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such."

A one night stand is more like prostitution or stealing.

cowgirl1984

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 05:09 PM

Everyone, PLEASE pay attention to this. If you haven't already seen that shepherd is a liar/deceiver and/or greatly deceived by satan and spouting off falsehoods, then read this and if it doesn't open your eyes, I don't know what will.

I never say things this harshly, but these lies cannot go on.

[shepherd said: "No fault divorce is like the divorce fior "any cause" Jesus was asked about. Jesus did not condem or afirm it. Because it was of a certain Rabbi's of that day who many supported. And they put the question to Jesus in an attapt to have HIM contradict the Law of Moses. Jesus did not bite. Instead HE went straight to the heart. Pointing out it was a hardness of heart they should be concerned about."]

What do you mean Jesus didn't condemn it???????????? THAT IS A LIE STRAIGHT FROM HELL. The only piece of truth in that is that Jesus pointed out a hardness of heart issue (Matthew 19:8). But shepherd, you have disastrously twisted and manipulated the HOLY WORD OF GOD. Jesus VERY CLEARLY condemned divorce. I don't know how much more clear He could make it!

Here's what Jesus DID say:

Matthew 5:31-32 (NASB)

31 "It was said, 'WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE'; 32 but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

And Jesus ALSO said:

Matthew 19:1-12 (NASB)

1 When Jesus had finished these words, He departed from Galilee and came into the region of Judea beyond the Jordan; 2 and large crowds followed Him, and He healed them there. 3 Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?" 4 And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, 5 and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'? 6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." 7 They said to Him, "Why then did Moses command to GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE AND SEND her AWAY?" 8 He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. 9 "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery." 10 The disciples said to Him, "If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry." 11 But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 03:00 PM

In my humble opinion (IMHO), means I am open to discussion on this even desire it. We should not reject it without understanding.You must believe Christians are stupid.

Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they do not have a valid point. Let me answer your railing accusations.

quote: "What do you mean Jesus didn't condemn it???????????? THAT IS A LIE STRAIGHT FROM HELL. The only piece of truth in that is that Jesus pointed out a hardness of heart issue (Matthew 19:8). But shepherd, you have disastrously twisted and manipulated the HOLY WORD OF GOD. Jesus VERY CLEARLY condemned divorce. I don't know how much more clear He could make it."

I believe He was condemning hardness of heart not all divorce or all divorced people. Have you been divorced? If not how do you condemn others who are. I have found very judgmental people say divorce is a sin and sinners have no part in God's kingdom (lose their salvation?)

They say it is the sin of adultery if they marry again. Or that a divorced woman who marries another man is condemning him to hell because it is a perpetual adultery. So she should divorce the second husband and go back to the first one even if he does not want her. When he refuses She is then told to pray and wait for his salvation to be joined back together in God's eyes. But possibly be celebrate the rest of her life. she will become a "marriage martyr" never to experience the true love marriage was meant to be. If the husband then demands money for her freedom, because she is his property, it looks very much like what has continued to this day in Judaism. The marriage martyr is called a chained wife. The Hebrew word is "agunah" and continues even to this day. check it out for yourself. This IMHO it is hardness of heart. When Jesus was asked about the the Mosaic Law, I believe this is the hardness of heart He was speaking of. Not all men put away their wives and then demand money before they grant a get (divorce) paper to marry again. Jesus was not speaking to people suffering from divorce. And we should not condemn them.:glow: either.

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 08:39 PM

Malachi 2:16a: "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel.

I agree with Cowgirl, Jesus condemned divorce.

And Jesus is not condemning divorced people, just divorce. John 3:17: For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

I've been divorced, and Jesus has forgiven me (thank you Jesus!).

shepard: People say that divorcees will commit adultery because the Bible says they will.

Matthew 19:9: I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Mark 10:11-12: He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18: "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

I'm divorced, and I'd like to marry again. And there are some men who will hold that they can't marry me or they will commit adultery.

I'd like to think that Matthew, Mark, and Luke are writing about the same conversation, but one of them heard something extra. Matthew's account most matches Matthew 5:31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

I've asked people in my church, and if you ask a divorced person who has remarried, boy they get hot about this! I'm planning on remarrying also eventually, and I will stick with Matthews account that I am fine due to the unfaithfulness clause.

Course, now someone might saw that I'm just picking whichever one I want to match my situation. Well, how about the man in the tomb possessed by Legion? Matthew Mark and Luke all write about him, but Matthew's account is the only one that says there were two demon-possessed men in the tomb. Who do we believe? I'd like to think the one with more information is right.

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 01:33 PM

Luke 16:18: "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." OK, Note what translation you use.

"Anyone who divorces" has evolved from the Old KJV version "Whosoever putteth away his wife."

The NIV, Living bible,NASB and other popular versions today say "Divorce" while the older translations Websters, ASV, Dolby say put away.

I like "Young's Literal Translation" it says,

"Every one who is sending away his wife, and marrying another, doth commit adultery; and every one who is marrying her sent away from a husband doth commit adultery."

Put away basically meant a split up or seperation.Why is this so important? because what constitutes a divorce today is not exactly the same as a divorce in bible times.Today couples may fight/ break up, and then make up afterwards. But if they divorce it makes it final. the bible says threre are two parts to a legitimate divorce under thr Law and that was a writting of divorcement and to be put away.

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 04:17 PM

:waving:..Hummm...How did we go from Fornication to Divorce in this Thread ?...:rolleyes:....Me thinks the Train De-Railed an Jumped the Track..:winksmile:...:ROFL:...xo

Page : 1 2 3 4 5