Author Thread: Is it right for a woman to...
Admin

Is it right for a woman to...
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 02:53 AM

Is it right for a woman to sell her eggs?

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 12:43 PM

bcpianogal raised a hypothetical question:

" A young man and young woman get married, and want to have kids. They try for years, using every morally sound method, to get pregnant. Nothing works. After many tests, it is determined that the woman's eggs are not "normal" and cannot create a child, but her husband's sperm is fine. Not wanting to give up entirely, they turn to adoption, but for whatever reason are unable to adopt a baby or even an older child. Taking in foster children is NOT what they feel called to do.

Question: Would it be so wrong of them to use a donor's eggs and the husband's sperm to create a child that they would love and cherish?"

I would say that given all those avenues, it is not God's will that couple have a child.

Take the story of Abraham and Hagar. Abraham wanted a child, and even though he was told by God that he would have one with Sarah, he decided to take matters into his own hands. It's like saying "ok, God, you're not cooperating in giving me what I want so I am going to get it my own way." We all know what happened as a result. Yes, God still blessed Hagar and Ismeal, but look at the price that was paid - rival nations to Isreal.

I think that if there are that many roadblocks to a couple concieiving then they need to consider if they are fighting God on this and whether His message to them is really if they should have a child.

I am all for adoption, after all Jesus was adopted. I think this hypothetical case is a stretch. There are sooo many children who need good homes, I think that if it is God's will that a couple have a child, He will surely provide them with one.

Besides being a moral issue in terms of the things we have discussed (it could be adultry, where the child will grow up etc.), To me, I think all of these this adds up to saying, "No, don't mess with it".

We are God's children and we can ask for what is in our hearts...but no one has the "right" to anything. We don't have the "right" to create our own desires to make it happen outside of God's plan. We can apply this principle to our own lives. As singles, how many times have we tried to fight God for a spouse that wasn't right for us, or a home, or whatever? How many times have we tried to force something to happen that was out of God's will? I know I have!

If it is in God's will, He will provide.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 06:50 PM

Margo,

I agree with what you've just said. I have a question about Jesus being "adopted". Would you explain what you meant by that?

Thanks

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 07:23 PM

Since Jesus was/is divine, born of the Holy Spirit, we say that he was adopted by Mary and Joseph as His earthly parents while He was here in the flesh.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2010 04:41 PM

New International Version (�1984)

He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.

New Living Translation (�2007)

He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!

English Standard Version (�2001)

He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD!

New American Standard Bible (�1995)

He makes the barren woman abide in the house As a joyful mother of children. Praise the LORD!

Page : 1 2 3