Author Thread: Should a man/woman remarry their spouse after divorcing them?
Admin

Should a man/woman remarry their spouse after divorcing them?
Posted : 15 Jul, 2012 08:23 AM

If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds somthing indecent about her, and he writes her a cerificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her First husband, who divorced her , is Not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes upon the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance. Deuteronomy 24: 1-4

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 08:34 PM

I have no personal vested interest in you one way or the other. I have stated that. I don't like bad theology.

Many times, in your responses (which have been riddled with theological error) to the topic , you toss out other theological errors that are off topic. Some I choose to address, some I do not, as I have already stated.

I am not sure why you are intent on teaching on doctrinal issues here but, nonetheless, that is a choice that you are making. Doing so, opens your teaching to scrutiny.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 09:10 PM

I write on the topics because sometimes I agree with the posts, sometimes I disagree, sometimes I am trying to understand the points being made, often because bad theology is posted.

Sometimes I don't post because others provide sufficient response, sometimes I don't have the time to respond and then it is not relevant, sometimes the Holy Spirit prompts me not to respond.

I have as much right to post as anyone else.

Anyone is welcome to scrutinize what I post just as I scrutinize what others post.

I encourage everyone to go back to the Scriptures to find the answers...I regularly provide the references I use...I've even been ridiculed for posting Scripture...but that will not stop me from spreading God's Word.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2012 09:38 AM

Teach:applause:

I like that your responses have Scriptures supporting your

replies to my Post.

Often times people are here like to Argue Opinons/view But God's Word always Stands!!

God Bless..

:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2012 01:32 PM

I've elected to start a new thread to take up this topic and show that It was NOT Biblical divorce.

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=15761&forum_sub_cat_id=47

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2012 02:49 PM

A person is allowed to remarry, because the Spouse committed Fornication. And, If a spouse deserts one, remarriage is allowed. Scripture speaks for it self.....Plain and Simple.

Mathew 5:32

I Corinthians 7:15

:waving:

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2012 07:56 PM

Amen Joy

We have to ensure we apply the whole verse, chapter, book to the issue and look at cross references.

Divorce and remarriage is one of the topics that is often debated and studied by Bible scholars and those like us who seek wisdom from the Bible. As long as there is sin in this world, marriages will be under siege and unfortunately some will not be salvaged...both partners have to be willing to make it work and work through any problems or to prevent problems.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2012 08:57 PM

AMEN ..AMEN

I was talking to a man today and he had been married 26 years and now divorced. He said it was his wife fault the marriage fell apart. He did all he could as a man to keep it together.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2012 10:11 PM

Vs.8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Divorce was allowed because if the Hrdness of man's heart! Not a decree by God! Even adultery is forgivable.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2012 06:46 AM

Divorce and remarriage is one of the topics that is often debated and studied by Bible scholars and those like us who seek wisdom from the Bible. As long as there is sin in this world, marriages will be under siege and unfortunately some will not be salvaged...both partners have to be willing to make it work and work through any problems or to prevent problems.

AMEN....

Page : 1 2 3