Author Thread: Saving virginity for marriage.
Redrain

View Profile
History
Saving virginity for marriage.
Posted : 26 Apr, 2011 11:59 AM

Just wondering what people's thoughts on this are. I completely believe in it.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 02:01 AM

Myself I am a born again virgin, but what I have found is that when people cross the intimacy barrier physically, it tends to hamper the relationship. What I mean is that it affects how they value the relationship, in that getting know a person, learning to enjoy each others company comes as an after thought, and the pleasure they get from physical intimacy (not just sex) clouds this and the affects are sorted through later.

claudyaaa

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 01:31 PM

I'm completely for it. Because not only does it follow the bible, but it's a sweet way of telling your spouse, "I loved you so much that even before I knew you I was saving myself for you. I knew you'd be worth it." :)

sweetsurprise

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2011 03:50 PM

It is easy to see why God asks us to not 'fornicate' before marriage on so many levels. He asks this of us for our own protection, so that we can come to the marriage bed free of the hurt and pain that is associated with sex outside of marriage. Also, look at all the diseases that are associated with it and how it adds to the confusion of blended families and children growing up w/o a father at all. This alone is having a catastrophic affect on our society and young men. ~ Yes, I believe in saving virginity for marriage!! It is the most costly gift that we can give the one we are to give ourselves to for our lifetimes together.

And, if someone has messed up, realize that satan will attempt to use that fall against you, to tempt you to stay in bondage, but the truth will set you free! God does forgive you and wants your VERY best!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2011 09:20 AM

Sin not to do so. Though I myself am guilty of it, I've since repented and am now living more in-line with God's will. Abide by shomer negiah restrictions for the most part (no male-female contact, try to go swimming when no bikini-clad women are present, and certainly no pre-marriage intimacy, as well as not lingering my eyes upon women looking down or away as discretely as possible.) Not going to self-flaggelate myself or anything, but I'm finding I'm happier with reduced temptations.

EVANGELISTCLEMSY

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 07:54 AM

JESUS SAID YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN!!!

It is good to live a Spirit filled life as a Christian...and ABSTAIN from pre-marital sex...because Our body is the temple of God and we should keep it Holy...but SEXUAL SIN is only a part of the act of sin...so many things can lure us away from God...

'' FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD''... ''ALL'' ...no one is left out...irrespective of your ''VIRGINITY''

Though SIN has no category in the Scriptures because ''SIN is SIN''...but we are also told that their are SINS that are against the ''HOLY GHOST'' which can be very severe ...

Notwithstanding...

When we give our life to Christ and truly accept Him as Our Personal Lord and Savior... we are now ''A NEW CREATION IN CHRIST JESUS''... ''BEHOLD OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY, AND EVERYTHING HAS BECOME NEW''....Of course..your old ways of life...everything that you did in your past,which is not of God..

God is Merciful and Full of Compassion so He will wipe away your sins, EVERYTHING out...because CHRIST JESUS HAS PAID IT ALL...for us..

Are you BORN AGAIN? ~If your answer is ''NO'', or you are not sure,And If you have strayed away from GOD,Why not rededicate your life back to God and accept him as your Personal Lord and Savior,right now...Please pray this prayer with all sincerity and confidence...

Lord Jesus, I come to you today! I am a sinner, I cannot help myself. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with your precious blood. Deliver me from sin and satan, to serve the living God. Today, Lord Jesus, I accept You as my Lord, and my Savior. Thank You Jesus, for saving me!

Now I know, I am born again! Amen

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2011 07:11 AM

THE BIBLE SAYS OUR BODIES ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!! IT IS OLY BY GOD'S GRACE THAT I HAVE KEPT MY VIRGINITY! I HAVE ALWAYS REMEBERED WE ARE NOT OUR OWN BUT BOUGHT WITH A PRICE! JESUS WAS TEMPTED IN ALL POINTS YET WITHOUT SIN! AND ALSO WHAT BETTER GIFT TO GIVE IN THE MARRIAGE BED! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!

GenuineBeauty

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 07:19 AM

I am a 37 yr old virgin. I believe that God created sex to be enjoyed within marriage, not with every person you date. Unfortunately in today's society, the majority of people consider this a negative quality [even among christians]. But I am not one to compromise my beliefs.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2013 11:31 PM

:applause: yup, totally agree with virginity before marriage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2013 04:14 PM

I totally agree with saving virginity for marriage. I'm 28 and still a virgin and plan on staying one until I marry.

truthsearcher

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2015 12:34 PM

I am 47 years old and physically a virgin. I think in my culture in the U.S.A. that I'm rare to be a 47 year old man that is still a virgin. Ideally I want my potential marriage partner to be a virgin or maybe a widow that was a virgin until married and never had sex outside of marriage and never divorced and never married a divorced person. I'm curious though if I find someone that I'm interested in as potential wife for me that has never been married but not a virgin and has even consented to sex but now realizes that it was a sin and never wants to commit that sin again and has asked God for forgiveness, should I consider that person or hold up to my previous ideal? God does forgive and I should forgive so that God will forgive me as the Holy Scripture says. Not that I've sinned in this particular way unless you count adultery of the heart.

Page : 1 2