Author Thread: can we be friends?
hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
can we be friends?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 02:31 PM

I have TONS of gay/lesbeen friends.

I know the bible says homosexuality is a sin, however my gay friends are Very, very dear to me.

They have shared their food with me, when I had none, helped watch over my daughter when I was working odd hours, and when my daughter was attacked and almost raped by a boy she had been dating, my gay friends went after the attacker, and comforted my daughter.

We talk often about the Lord, and about my being a Christian, and I always tell them God loves Them, if not their sin.

Yet some (so called) Christian wonder how I could possibly be friends with such "sinners"

Is it okay for me to have gay friends?

voiceinthewilderness

View Profile
History
can we be friends?
Posted : 29 May, 2011 03:25 PM

I believe strongly that all Christian should be friends for many reason, We all have thesame heavenly Father and everlasting Father (Isaiah chapter 9 verse 6. And we are counsel by His words daily, more over He called us the light of the world. Therefore all Christian are friends

View Profile
History
can we be friends?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 02:46 AM

Everthing men do apart from God is a sin

View Profile
History
can we be friends?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2012 03:28 AM

A phobia is an anxiety syndrom, hence a mental condition, and cannot be considered a sin. Would you call clastrophobia a sin? Thus, homophobia shold not. However, I don't think such condition is the case here. To be against homosexual behavior, or being unwilling to partake in homosexual gatherings or social activities is not homophobic. To a Christian, the question goes much deeper, and as such, we have the right to believe what the Bible teaches, and further, a duty to practice what we believe. This is not contradictory to the Gospel of Christ, nor to the message of love.

Page : 1 2