Author Thread: CUPID
Admin

CUPID
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 07:59 AM

Cupid is an important symbol of Valentine's Day. Supposedly he is the son of the goddess Venus and god Mars. he's the god of desire, affection, and erotic love. He flys around and shoots his little arrows into un-suspecting victims and they immediately fall in love.:ROFL:

Then there's the candy and flowers!:excited:

Do you think Christians put too much emphasis on Valentine's Day? Or is it harmless fun?

Your thoughts?

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 03:51 PM

well, I dont think of the little guy flying around trying to shoot me or anyone else :)

but like someone else said, it's a day to go out of your way to celebrate your love for your significant other.

Now, I dont have one so, I usually make a special dinner for my 18 year daughter but, she wont be home this time, so I'll be alone :(

that sucks...I guess I'll be here with whoever is on the forums that evening.:glow:

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 08:45 PM

Probably see you on the forums River lol

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 10:08 PM

Remember??.....Chevy is throwing jjarr a birthday party that night! Haha! We all have been invited, so none of us will be alone! =)

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 04:40 PM

you are so right browneyedgirl, I ate your chocolates:ROFL:

love is not in the air :nahnah:

party at browneyedgirls :party:

Dennis:dancingp:

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 06:27 PM

Dennis,

You are CRACKING ME UP!!!!! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

But you'll need a :nicenurse: if you EVER eat my chocolates!!

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 10:06 PM

I like Valentine's Day and just make it about my guy, Jesus. :hearts:

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 09:14 AM

Amen !!! to that Joey...for HE is the LOVE of our lives...:applause:...xo

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 05:06 PM

For every holiday that started out with spiritual celebration as it's original intent...... there will surely be a capitalist to sneak in to exploit the hearts and minds of those who are in dire need of "tokens" to show for their spirituality......

As P.T. Barnum put it...... "there's a sucker born every minute"...

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 09:50 PM

We don't celebrate Cupid on Feb. 14, cupid is an angel that matches people. Valentines Day is important for any Christian, and in our Filipino culture, we celebrate the love month, but then, its more than that, we celebrate our love everyday..,

Mercymay

View Profile
History
CUPID
Posted : 16 Feb, 2011 07:12 AM

You are sooo right Gomer�nowadays every holiday & celebration there is always something at the mall to buy to represent we care, we remember�the more holidays/celebrations, the better business for them. People end up buying things that accumulate dust and occupy space, add clatter�well �maybe not if you always buy diamonds, lol

Page : 1 2