Author Thread: Christians x Improper Language
Admin

Christians x Improper Language
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 12:33 PM

I was wondering, if the use of word HOT is fine for Christians to say, specially when you chatting with a Christian guy for the first time?

Just feels awkward to hear that when you talking about Lord and when in the middle of a conversation, they come out with " you are very beautiful and very HOT"!

Sometimes I think HOT= SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE

So I feel a bit disappointed for the sexual connotation.

Nothing wrong being hot, but sometimes I think is improper word to say...somehow I get that impression.

English is not my first language, so I'd like to know what you guys think about this? Please vent me here lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 06:44 PM

Yes, that would be easier. I just thought I would say that it may not always be used in a bad way, if that makes any sense.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 10:25 PM

Flatlander yes it does make sense, maybe sometimes it comes out naturally without sexual connotation...

Yes I know what you mean thanks again Vanessa:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2011 07:16 AM

As a general rule of thumb, if you don't feel comfortable with something someone says, and they are just throwing it out in a normal conversation like that, then you should think very carefully about whether you want to take the relationship any further; they are just showing their natural bent, or inclinations.

That said, I think this word is very inappropriate in this context; there are a lot of ways to say you are very beautiful, attractive, a lovely smile, beautiful eyes, a captivating smile, etc.

To say someone is "Hot" is taking the conversation from a complement of your physical appearance, to that of sexual connotations; I don't think this should be used outside of the marriage, unless you're just commenting about the weather, lol.

Page : 1 2