Author Thread: MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAYS
hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 01:49 PM

Here I go again, with something to get everyone all upset!

Do you say Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? I personally say Merry Christmas when I know it would be welcome, otherwise I say Happy Holidays. My reasons for this are because the world is bigger than it use to be. Not everyone is Christian, but usually everyone celebrates something at this time of year, even if it just New Years. Yet the churches disagree with me very much! I'm just trying to show everyone the same kind of respect. Didn't Jesus want us to be respectful?

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 12:18 PM

Thank You All!

Everyone presented valid ideas. I liked what Saved said, But also like Silli 'sp" said it eltimitly about how you act!

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 05:45 PM

I personally think it's an unwinnable war to try to please everyone. If you said, "Have a Merry Christmas, a Happenin' Hanukkah, a Killer Kwanza, and a Happy Holiday season," you'd get the depressive atheist who didn't celebrate anything, and who'd hate you for wishing him a happy anything. I try to say Merry Christmas, but sometimes wuss out.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 07:18 PM

Nope, you can't please everyone. But this is America. It just bothers me that they take Merry Christmas and turn it into Happy Holidays. Generic, with no meaning. All to keep from offending anyone. We are losing our identity as a nation in an attempt to appease. Sad.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 07:24 PM

I always say Merry Christmas even though I know it bugs people.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 09:24 PM

Honestly, I use to say Happy Holidays until people started making a big deal out of saying Merry Christmas. Then I started saying Merry Christmas, just because I could.

Hey, it offends me to tell me that I can't say Merry Christmas, because it might offend someone. Yes, it might, but it also might offend someone if you say Happy Holidays. So, I don't really care anymore if I offend someone.

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 11:42 AM

Silver, and everyone else:

I hope this won't offend anyone, it's just that Silverfire made me remember a happy and funny memory:

My daughter's 19th birthday, her boyfriend at the time did not believe in God! (I always told him, Brandon, God believes in YOU!)

I told him that people from our church were coming to the party, and Brandon freaked out, saying (they'll pray at me!they'll put their hands on my head, mess up my hair, and pray at me!) He went on and on, so I finally told him to say he worshiped the BIG COSMIC CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all started doing the (chicken dance)!:rocknroll:

Don't want to upset here, it was just fun, and funny!

Please pray for Brandon, He's not well, and we miss Him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 08:59 PM

Merry Christmas! Who should be offended at being wished a Merry Christmas? I always say Merry Christmas, It reflects your beliefs. If you don't stand for anything, you will fall for everything. So, let people know what you believe, you can be respectful doing it though. People always say Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy New Years. I have yet to hear somebody say Have a Happy Holiday on Thursday or after December 25th say Happy Holidays...They always say Happy New Year.

Page : 1 2