Author Thread: RESPECT
Admin

RESPECT
Posted : 28 Aug, 2012 10:08 AM

You can't respect a person who does not respect him/herself or You. Respect is earned, respect is like a reward for your conduct and behavior, and is not given to a person who does not deserve such respect.

Love is not earned, but is freely given to all people, because God freely loved and gave of His Son unconditionally... I can love you, but this does not mean I have to respect you.

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 11:24 AM

Re-spect

Noun

1. a particular, detail, or point (usually preceded by in ): to differ in some respect.

2. relation or reference: inquiries with respect to a route.

3. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.

4. deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.

5. the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect.

6. respects, a formal expression or gesture of greeting, esteem, or friendship: Give my respects to your parents.

7. favor or partiality.

8. a consideration.

Verb (used with object)

9. to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat.

10. to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights.

11. to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with: to respect a person's privacy.

12. to relate or have reference to.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/respect

:angel:

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 11:29 AM

MikeRides

I think you misunderstood the meaning here.

We have compassion and Love for the Unsaved.

It is not about how a person looks.

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 03:07 PM

oh I didn't misunderstand the meening there.As you posted yourself the word has many meenings,I just applied the one i saw fit.

"in your face"???

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 03:11 PM

really is some evil hatred going on here!

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 03:23 PM

Shared ~ oh I didn't misunderstand the meening there.As you posted yourself the word has many meenings,I just applied the one i saw fit.

*** SOoo...you Applied the one you saw fit ???...I Wasn't aware there is a Option when it comes to Gods word and meaning...:laugh:...xo

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 03:48 PM

she didn't mention anything about God's word there! What do you find so funny?You like to just make things up out of thin air to joke about?Another liar!

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 03:48 PM

she didn't mention anything about God's word there! What do you find so funny?You like to just make things up out of thin air to joke about?Another liar!

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 04:40 PM

I'm at the lack of understanding betwix "Respect & Honour" along with the Situation and not you Mike...

And Calling me "another lier" is Out of Line and a Prime Example of Dis-Respect towards me or anyone on this site...

Do have a pleasant and blessed evening...xo

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 05:40 PM

"SOoo...you Applied the one you saw fit ???...I Wasn't aware there is a Option when it comes to Gods word and meaning"...

these are your words twisting the truth into a lie.Do you think it's just a joke to traduce others words?

I will have a very blessed night as usual.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
RESPECT
Posted : 30 Aug, 2012 06:59 PM

Mike said: "in your face???"

Mike said: really is some evil hatred going on here!

First, I reread what ExceedingJoy posted several times and nowhere did I see her say that.

Second, there is no hatred of any kind. We are simply pointing out that while we are commanded to love each other, nowhere are we commanded to respect each other. Respect is earned or else it becomes meaningless. I do not respect pedophiles, or murderers, or thieves. I may love everyone as a Christian, but I do not respect everyone because the path they have chosen.

Page : 1 2 3