Author Thread: "ROLES: MEN & WOMEN"
Moichepit

View Profile
History
"ROLES: MEN & WOMEN"
Posted : 22 Aug, 2012 05:58 PM

I've been reading many posts here for the last few days and came up with the above title. Still till THIS day, there are many Christians who long for a God centered family, but often clash because of GENDER roles.

Today, many Christians believe women should enjoy all the same rights and privileges as men.

Other Christians, however, continue to advocate a secondary role for women based on Genesis 3:16 and other Bible passages.

Example:

1. "Women belong home, cooking, cleaning, raisin children!"

2. "If you know how to read, it it clear right here, 1Tim 2:11-15

- Let women learn quietly with all submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man-"

3. "It's ridiculous seeing a woman parade around in pants like a man, its like watching a clown."

4. " Well, Ephes 5:22-24 - submit to your own husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church-- that's why you have to do what I say."

6."Leave that work for your sister, you're a man. Act like it."

---------*sigh*---------*smh*---------

What about the women of God in today's society? PAULA WHITE, CECE WINANS, MARILYN HICKEY, KIM BURRELL,JOYCE MEYER,...etc.

Consider this:

-Jesus allowed women to travel with Him and His twelve disciples (Luke 8:1-3)

- Martha's sister, Mary, sat at Jesus' feet in the role of a disciple while Jesus taught her. Jesus suggested that Martha do the same (Luke 10:38-42).

-Mary Magdalene and other women were privileged to be the first to discover that Jesus had risen from the dead (Matthew 28:1-10,Mark 16:1-7; Luke 24:1-11).

- (Galatians 3:26-28) " You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

- (1 Corinthians 11:4-5) "Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head..."

(Ephesians 5:21-30) Husbands were to love their wives tenderly, not treat them as slaves: Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church,...Just as the church is subject to Christ, so also He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hates his own body, but he nourishes and tenderly cares for it, just as Christ does for the church, because we are members of his body.

Conclusion

God created both men and women in His own image and made them equal custodians of all His creation. But, because of their disobedience, God punished Adam and Eve and evicted them from the Garden of Eden. Eve's punishment was to suffer pain in childbirth and be ruled over by her husband.

Jesus broke with tradition and treated women in a much more egalitarian way than was normal in the society of that time. The early Christian churches followed Jesus' lead and gave women much higher status and more privileges than was common in the rest of the world.

Christians disagree over whether this principle should apply in the modern world. Is the man's authority over his wife and family a great spiritual principle decreed by God for all time, or is it just a reflection of the realities of Biblical-era culture?

**** My intent is not to insult anyone nor to start a war, but I do believe we should take this into consideration in finding a FITTING mate for us, STILL under the OBIDIENCE of God*****

God bless!!

Moichepit

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 03:00 PM

Bsgdude...

Very interesting. As I thought, many have something to say about this topic.

I would like you to KEEP IN MIND that not ALL Christians believe the Torah is null. SOME do believe (such as myself) that there is no longer a need for somethings (burnt offerings,etc.)

Just like there are many misconceptions between the Jews and Christians, Messianics are in that bowl as well.

I just hope in the end, God can enlighten us and ALL come to a clear understanding because we all serve the SAME GOD and wish to serve him conforming to his word.

God is good.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 04:14 PM

Mike,

How many traffic laws do you suppose there are today? My guess is at least hundreds if not thousands. So, how do you find time to be happy riding your bike aside from trying to fulfill all of those traffic laws?

You see my point?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2012 04:58 PM

Yea I see your point,I'm busy arguing with the blind.I'm done!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 08:10 PM

I agree with Moichepit. Many verses in the Bible support that men and women are created equal. There's a website called www.GodsWordToWomen.org which goes into the details, if anyone is interested.

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 09:00 PM

MEN AND WOMEN ARE CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD, MALE AND FEMALE.In other words we are the reflection or the image of the masculine/feminine nature of God. We are the copy, not the original. The masculine/feminine nature of God reveals the objective attributes of the male nature and the subjective nature of the female. Men provide the raw material women turn it into something beautiful.

I have tried to be a housewife/homemaker during emergencies. But most everyone involved seemed to agree women make better moms. They are naturally caring and feel the pain of others with little effort.

One thing for sure though, the masculine and feminine nature of God is always in agreement with one another. There is unity in the Godhead and we created in this image should also be like minded with one another.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 11:18 PM

"In other words we are the reflection or the image of the masculine/feminine nature of God. We are the copy, not the original. The masculine/feminine nature of God reveals the objective attributes of the male nature and the subjective nature of the female. Men provide the raw material women turn it into something beautiful."

and:

"One thing for sure though, the masculine and feminine nature of God is always in agreement with one another. "

Very interesting. Do you have Biblical support for these concepts? I'd be interested in learning.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 11:51 PM

" I agree with Moichepit. Many verses in the Bible support that men and women are created equal. There's a website called www.GodsWordToWomen.org which goes into the details, if anyone is interested. "

Roles don't negate equality

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2012 01:13 PM

We're having a big discussion on this in my church right now. My personal view is that men and women are created to be equal, but have different roles. Being different does not negate your value, it just means we are designed and more suited toward different functions. I believe the bible has lined out the distinctions between the gender roles pretty clearly in the church and in the family. Secular and social roles are not really touched on.

There was a female judge of Israel, female prophets, deaconesses, disciples. There was never a female priest or a female elder or a female father:dunce:, and I think that is where the distinction arises. I think that before the fall the gender roles were less pronounced, I think that the gender roles will be like that again in heaven, but I think that in this sinful environment men were designed to stand at the spiritual and familial head...however, only in Christ. If a man is not Christ-like(unselfish, humble, self-sacrificing), he should not get a free pass just because he's a male, and no man replaces a woman's personal moral responsibility to God.

:peace::peace:

Page : 1 2