Author Thread: Should a man/woman remarry their spouse after divorcing them?
Admin

Should a man/woman remarry their spouse after divorcing them?
Posted : 15 Jul, 2012 08:23 AM

If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds somthing indecent about her, and he writes her a cerificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her First husband, who divorced her , is Not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes upon the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance. Deuteronomy 24: 1-4

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 07:31 PM

The decree of divorce that was issued under Moses was Biblical...Moses didn't just make that up on his own. He had audible conversations with God...God would not have allowed it and Jesus would not have acknowledged had it not been.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 07:39 PM

".God would not have allowed it and Jesus would not have acknowledged had it not been. "

Just for fun, look around. God is "allowing" all kinds of things to go on in this world...rape, murder, child abuse, molestation, etc. etc. Are those things Biblical? By that, I do not mean can they be found in the Bible. I mean are they right.. are they Godly?

Jesus' "acknowledgment" of this as you mentioned was in the context of saying that "it was NOT the intention from the beginning" He was not condoning it.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 07:48 PM

Moses was God's leader and spokesman. He received direct guidance from God. God found it important enough to include in His Word.

That's enough for me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 07:52 PM

The mere inclusion of it in the Bible does not mean that God approved of them divorcing.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 08:39 PM

God's original intent for mankind was not to sin...but He knew we would and provided a plan of salvation.

God's original intent was a man and woman be joined together and stay together. �He allowed Satan to destroy that and He allowed Moses to establish Biblical guidelines to deal with human failures...not just in marriage but in many other areas. �Jesus didn't tell the Pharisees that Moses guidelines were wrong, He just clarified them and set the record straight.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 08:46 PM

The divorces were wrong. Moses telling them when they did it to give a "written bill" was not approving of the practice. Jesus makes that clear.

Once again, you have come here teaching falsely.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 08:53 PM

"God's original intent for mankind was not to sin...but He knew we would and provided a plan of salvation"

God's original intent was definitely for man to sin.. otherwise man would not have sinned.

As long as you keep spewing false doctrine/theology and humanistic thinking all over these boards, I will keep correcting it.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 05:54 PM

What part of the book of Deuteronomy is NOT Biblical? �Only Deut 24:1-4?

The majority of the book of Deuteronomy is Moses providing rules and guidelines to the Israelites...Deuteronomy 24 is a continuation of these guidelines, which continue past the verse addressed in this thread.

Deuteronomy 24:1-4

1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.�

2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.�

3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;�

4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the Lord: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Examples of verses in chapters surrounding the verses in question...

Deuteronomy 22:22�If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

Deuteronomy 26:12�When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 06:48 PM

Here come the word games again. Read my previous posts above ^

Post after post, you offer bad theology. As you know, I've addressed many of those things in the past. For everyone of your posts that I have addressed, I have seen many others that I have not. To do so would almost require reteaching the entire Bible. I am not inclined to attempt that here.

You've done a great job at picking and choosing how and what you respond to since you know that you have no answers to the things that I put out there for you. I've also highlighted this fact numerous times.

I now respond to your posts not for your benefit but for the benefit of the other readers so that they will not be led astray by your misunderstandings.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 08:20 PM

Many of your questions/comments that I choose not to address are designed to get off the topic. It appears that you choose to try to antagonize or intimidate me...and as I have stood my ground in other threads with Scripture supporting my views, I will continue to post and respond as God leads me.

Page : 1 2 3