Author Thread: If you have to pull it up or press it down, you shouldn't be wearing it!
Admin

If you have to pull it up or press it down, you shouldn't be wearing it!
Posted : 16 Aug, 2011 07:08 PM

The pastor at church regularly says this: "If you have to pull it up or press it down, you shouldn't be wearing it!"

I'm gonna be honest with all the young ladies out there.....If you're not willing to dress modestly, then you might as well pass me by and keep searching, because I'm not interested! I feel uncomfortable near/around women when they're dressed inappropriately. WHY??? For several reasons.....

(1) It's a temptation/possible stumbling block that ought not be there.

(2) Someone might think I approve of the way they dress, giving "me" a bad reputation.

(3) It simply isn't right in God's sight...it's disgraceful!

What can I say...the female body is beautiful the way God made it. HOWEVER, I don't believe God intends for any woman to display/flaunt it at all...yes, maybe to her husband behind closed doors, but NOT to anybody else! It doesn't matter what excuse a person tries to use to defend that kind of offensive behavior, because God doesn't accept excuses...He never has, and He never will. A woman who dresses inappropriately WILL NOT attract a decent God-fearing man...but she WILL attract the WRONG kind of men! IMMODESTY IS DISGRACEFUL! Fact is, if you dress like trash, you'll attract trash. By the way, when I see women who are dressed inappropriately, I try to turn my head in a different direction. I might be single, but that still doesn't give me any right to look at a woman who is dressed that way.

For those ladies who think it's ok to dress inappropriately, let me ask you a serious question.....What will you say on Judgment Day if someone lost their soul on account of that way of dressing??? Is it too much to ask someone to dress modestly???

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, if you have to pull it up or press it down, then you shouldn't be wearing it!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 05:58 PM

i am not new in the least to church services and i also know that people need to be in the church before they can learn of how to behave in church and out of it...:angel:

but having been raised a Catholic, i take dressing up for Church seriously and if God matters to us, then we should be respectful as to what we wear any time, not just in church ...:prayingm:

i see people getting all decked out to go to work , and dress in shorts and flip flops and hawaiian shirts to go to church but they look like they are going to the beach...instead ...:toomuch:

and once someone is born again , then they should not give in to the lusts of the flesh by tempting others or by dressing inappropriately in such a way that it would bring disrespect to oneself or to one's Lord , and anyone who jokes of this ~ is wrong ~ it goes the same way with men wearing ball caps all the time and muscle t shirts ...

it is not polite or respectful especially in Church & we should not baby people just to get them to come to Church ...most churches seem to only care about getting people to fill the church pews but they don't care as much once the person gets saves and starts coming to the church more often ...

then the pastor and his paid staff is off trying to recruit more people to the church , while often completely forgetting the ones who were just saved or who just became church members, :toomuch::toomuch::toomuch:

that is partly but not fully why i am so against formal structured regimented religion, for the most part :rolleyes:

& i like having the freedom to go to whatever church i feel llike going~

if and when i feel like going :rocknroll::rocknroll::rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 08:18 PM

teach_ib

Your Post is really good response.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 08:45 AM

Shabbat shalom. I agree with the OP. Have a similar thing happening here at the pool when girls in bikinis come out. I usually take a look outside before going out, if sunbathers are out I can usually wait em out (waiting on the UV to drop anyway so we keep different hours.) But it's inappropriate for men and women to be together when wearing very little as at a pool. As it is, I end up keeping my eyes down most of the time.

I don't think it's for me or anyone else though to say it's wrong across the board though. My faith works great for me, but I realize we live in a decidely atheistic society and my opinions wont fly with everyone. Part of being modest involves self-control, as with keeping our eyes down in the face of something we might consider inappropriate. When we start declaring things are sinful to the public at large though we begin down the path to imposing our beliefs onto others and that's an even bigger sin than dressing provactatively.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 11:36 AM

I LIKED YOUR MESSAGE jEFF, BUT I THINK THAT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK OUR MINDS...iT IS THE ATHEISTS WHO THINK THAT WHEN WE MAKE PROPER ASSESSMENTS OF SITUATIONS, THEN WE ARE JUDGING,,THAT WORD JUDGING HAS SUCH A NEGATIVE CONNOTATION , BUT I THINK THAT THAT IS A BIG PROBLEM THESE DAYS...i BELIEVE THAT CHRIST HAS GIVEN US BRAINS TO USE AND TO ACCESS A SITUATION AND TO ACCESS THE SPIRIT OF PEOPLE WE DEAL WITH , THAT IS EHY hE GIVES US THE sPIRIT OF DISCERNMENT ...IF OTHERS DO NOT LIKE YOU MAKING INTELLIGENT ACCESSMENTS OF THEM , IT IS ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR BEAHVIOR , AND DO NOT LIKE ANY ONE TELLING THEM THEY ARE WRONG ...

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 11:39 AM

I MEANT ASSESSMENTS , NOT ACCESSMENTS ...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 09:46 AM

I am reminded of the story of

�The Emperors New Clothes�

I Believe that we not only have the Right to comment or Rebuke someone that dresses Immodestly�but it is also Our Duty as Christians (of course in a �Loving Manner�).

The Human Body is a Beautiful Creation�but�alas�the Organic Mind is of a Sinful and Lustful Nature and needs to be Controlled. It is Only with God�s Help and that of The Holy Spirit can Mankind do so.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 05:13 AM

Though we have the obligation to rebuke sinners (but not by bearing a sin on their account) in this case we need to be mindful that condeming immoral dress is popular with another group of religious people - the Taliban. So unless you wish paralells drawn, find something else to be outspoken about. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 09:13 AM

Come on Jeff...Really...are you REALLY

comparing a Christian Rebuking another Christian with what The Taliban does???

Those Fanatics KILL Women and Children because of the way they Dress!!

Last I looked

"Dress to Kill" did not mean you get "Killed for Dressing"!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 10:45 AM

Jeff you trouble me. You sow the seeds of confusion when you post. You always attempt to walk your reader away from the truths of scripture to a pagan or secular authority your intellect favors. You may enjoy putting on display your intellectual prowess-but I assure you it is ungodly hubris.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 10:47 AM

Me thinks Jeff's a serpent in the garden.

Page : 1 2 3