This topic is closed.
Author Thread: It's Time to Get Serious People
Admin

It's Time to Get Serious People
Posted : 13 Dec, 2010 05:27 PM

I love you, so I'm going to tell you some hard truth, as it is written "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. (Leviticus 19:17, KJV)"

My profile was getting crowded with much of this, so I'm putting it here instead for those who are truly seeking, who are really searching for G-d's Will. I don't know everything. Far from it. But this I do know: Most professing Christians are not going to make it. Sadly.

As I'm entering this, one of the random women suggestions above, which CDfF.com has delivered, is a picture not of a woman, but of a black square instead, which contains the words "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME". How appropriate. Indeed, this is the prevailing attitude of this wicked generation, who thinks they can live however they like without incurring His Judgment. Most of us will not hear the Truth. The sad fact is that GOD WILL JUDGE YOU if you refuse to repent of your sin. You are supposed to work out your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING (Philippians 2:12).

Personally, I'm not looking for a Christian woman, at least not what is common among 'Christianity'. I'm looking for a follower of G-d's Messiah, whose priority is truly following Him rather than men; following Christ Jesus by the Spirit of Christ and in accordance with what is written... not a denomination, not a pastor, not the latest teaching, nor your feelings, nor your friends, and certainly not the majority of professing Christians. Christianity is plagued with traditions of men that nullify the commandment of G-d, which Christ Jesus HATES (See Mark 7:7-9). "But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. (Matthew 15:13, KJV)" To have a hope, we must give Him our lives, and if you've given Him your life, it's no longer yours to do with as you please. It's His.

Most people I come across who profess to be Christians are not really following Christ Jesus. To someone who is really in Messiah, it is very obvious. When you truly step out of the world, it is shocking to see how a part of the world the overwhelming majority of professing Christians are in the world; integral. Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, most professing Christians don't even realize they are not actually following Christ, but the sad truth of the matter is that most professing Christians follow man, and, sadly, are headed straight for destruction as a result. It very well could be that you are just such a person, even likely, so let this be a warning to you if you hear His voice as you read this. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10).

The Master says, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (ANOMIA; LAWLESSNESS!). (Matthew 7:21-23, KJV)" Not all believers are "saved," despite what man will tell you. As James says, "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:19-20, KJV)"

"Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of ANOMIA. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out. (Luke 13:23-28, KJV)"

The Master says, "If any will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow ME. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. (Luke 9:23-24, KJV)" If you really follow him, frankly, you will hardly fit in anywhere. As He says, "Because ANOMIA will abound, the love of many will wax cold. (Matthew 24:12)" "My sheep respond to my voice, and I know who they are. (John 10:27, KJV)" If your goal is to fit in with most Christians and have a nice cozy life --- if your goal is to fit in at the average church --- sorry, you're not really following the Master. It's time to wake up people.

So what's the difference between the real believer and the imposter? We should be in the world, not of the world, set apart by His Spirit, WHOLLY OBEDIENT TO HIS COMMANDMENT. We do not pick and choose which commandments to obey. The soul that abides in sin shall die (Ezekiel 18:20). Unfortunately, most Christians fail to understand what, precisely, sin is. Sin is transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4), as given to Israel by G-d through His humble servant Moses. And it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before G-d, but the doers of the Law will be justified (Romans 2:13). Being Jewish doesn't matter, nor being Gentile; what matters is that you become a new creation in Messiah, who keeps the commandment of G-d (Galatians 6:15, 1 Corinthians 7:19)! The LORD changes not!

Fellowship and worship on the first day of the week if you like, but don't reject the G-d-given 7th day Sabbath, nor His feasts, and stop eating what is not food, stop celebrating pagan festivals. Wives, be reconciled to your husbands or remain alone. Stop believing the lie that G-d's grace means it's okay to sin, or that you cannot sin in Messiah even though you do! Don't be absurd. This passage in John's epistle means you are not in Messiah if you abide in sin! If you are truly in Messiah, you cannot abide sin just as HE CANNOT ABIDE SIN! He who says he abides in Messiah and lives in sin is a liar and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4)! Don't be deceived. Unless you repent, you will perish (Luke 13:3,5).

Some follow Rome, some follow Luther, some John Calvin... some THINK they follow Paul, but 'Is Christ divided?' as Paul so aptly said (1 Corinthians 1:10-15). Blessed are they, rather, who hear the Word of God and obey (Luke 11:28). Traditions are unacceptable if they nullify the Law of God in any way. THAT is the test. As He said: I have not come to destroy the Law. Whoever breaks one of the least of these instructions will be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven, and unless your righteousness in these matters exceeds that of the scribes and the Pharisees, you certainly will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 5:17-20)! But hey, believe what you will. As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD (Joshua 24:15).

So let's love Him every day with all our hearts, souls, minds, resources, and love our neighbours as ourselves. Interestingly, those two instructions are not found in the Ten Commandments, but elsewhere in the Law; in Deuteronomy and in Leviticus respectively! That fact should speak volumes to you about the accuracy of the common understanding of the words of Jesus ('We must keep the Ten Commandments...'). It's true, but not the way most people mean to say. As it is written, 'The commandment is a lamp and the law is light, and reproofs of instruction are the way of life. (Prov. 6:23)' Do you have one without the other? Or have you not then turned the lamp off??!

So what did Jesus mean when he said the most important commandment of all is 'HEAR O Israel' (Mk. 12). Most professing Christians prefer to quote this occurrence as it appears in Matthew, which leaves this critical demand out. Most, I find, tend to say '...as long as I love God and love my neighbour, it's all good, even if I choose not to live entirely by the Word,' but WHAT IS LOVE? How do we know whether or not we love? The word translated in Mark 12 as HEAR (SHEMA, see Deut. 6, which means HEAR/LISTEN/OBEY) is the key to love. As John says, 'the love of God is that we keep His commandment, and his commandment are not grievous. (1 John 5:3)' And likewise, 'By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandment. (1 John 5:2)'

How do we know, then, that a husband loves his wife, and a wife her husband? What about their children? A son his parents? Parents their children? Hopefully you guessed it hopefully... So don't forget SHEMA! When we SHEMA to the best of our ability, we THEREFORE love God and love our neighbour; and you can then know, therefore, that you will love your husband or wife as yourself. If this sounds insane to you, then you haven't yet really met Jesus. Search for him. Search for him with all your heart and you will find him.

And stop following men! Follow Jesus! Meditate on the Scriptures, seeking the illumination that only the Word of G-d can provide by His Spirit, and act on it! Stop paying heed to your frivolous feelings, attributed to the Holy Spirit, that are not consistent with Scripture ('I feel like the Spirit is telling me it is okay to not obey this time...'). The heart is deceitful above all and desparately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9). Test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1).

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. G-d willing, He will give me the wisdom to respond appropriately. But please, the above is Scripture. If you don't agree, take it up with Jesus.

P.S. To the divorced on here, I'm curious what you think:

How do you interpret the words of Jesus? ...maybe no one has brought your attention to these words before:

In Luke 16:18 and Matthew 5:32 (see also Mark 10:10), Jesus is recorded as saying he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery. (ESV)

Likewise, in 1 Corinthians 7:11, Jesus says through the Apostle Paul "To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife."

Just prior to that, Paul writes the following:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral....will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

I'm just doing the math here. It seems pretty logical to me, but maybe I'm missing something... The LORD says marrying a divorced woman is committing adultery, which is sexual immorality, and Paul warns us that the sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Are you quite sure you want to remarry?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 10:09 PM

pardon the intrusion fellas....

was just going to write and say the same concerning the change of words of the question guys.... ball is still in your court Law, you gave the right answer to the wrong question....

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 10:19 PM

jjarr,

No intrusion at all; if two heads are better than one, then three ought to be excellent!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 10:37 PM

Here are some good verses to chew on too, just how awesome is our God's love, how great His mercy?

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Luk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Luk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Luk 1:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 11:23 PM

@twosparrows:

Nice work neighbor, trying to use your own failure to pay attention against me. You asked a question, I answered. Then you asked a different question, and again I answered.

Your first question:

"Are you preaching a person must turn from their sin before they come to Jesus?"

My answer:

"The answer to your question is the same thing I have been saying from the beginning. "Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from INIQUITY. (2 Timothy 2:19, KJV)" "

THAT is what I am and have been saying all along. You are making this about everything else under the sun.

Your second question:

"Must a person repent of all their sin and be sinless obeying all the commands before Jesus will save them?"

Note carefully, this is a DIFFERENT question.

My answer:

"Are you saved if you 'believe in Jesus' in your mind but you will not repent of your sin? NO! And sin is transgression of the Law. Jesus says your righteousness in your obedience to His Law must exceed the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees or you "CERTAINLY WILL NOT" not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." (And no double negative intended)

Both times, I have answered your question clearly.

Maybe you need to learn how to read.

Oh a new question. Are you ready for a new answer?

You asked:

"Does a person have the ability to turn from sin and be sinless? "

You're kidding right? My answer:

No, but as Jesus says "Unless YOUR righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and the Pharisees [in their obedience to the Law (v.17-19)] you certainly will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

Wasn't that fun? Are you having fun asking me to repeat myself over and over and over again?

DO YOU GET IT YET?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 11:42 PM

@jjarr61:

Not so. His question had two parts really.

(1) "Are you preaching," which includes the basic question 'what are you preaching'; and

(2) Do you mean to say a person must a person turn from their sin before they come to Jesus?

I answered the first part of the question, presuming TS would understand that if I AM preaching that those who confess the name of Jesus must turn from iniquity, then I am not preaching that you must turn from sin before you come to Jesus.

I did answer his question. He's just not very attentive...

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 11:56 PM

@jjarr61:

Beautiful. I especially like the part about "holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life," which demand obedience.

I don't think anyone is debating here that G-d is merciful. The question we are wrestling with is whether or not rebels who make a mockery of G-d's mercy toward them by their willful rejection of His instruction will you reap life. Scripture teaches plainly that the answer to this question is no, and sadly it is the few that receive the Word with all readiness and persist until they bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

So I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this, but thank you for sharing this passage.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 08:06 AM

Pride is a sin. If you can't see your pride, it's even more proof that you have it. I'm thinking everyone else can see it...

We don't have to keep the laws/feasts that pointed to and were fulfilled by Christ. In the old law, physical circumcision was necessary to be part of God's people. Now it's isn't. Why not? In the old law, it was necessary to literally sacrifice animals for sin. Now it isn't. Why not?

Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Paul is clearly saying that Law of Moses is done away with, and that we are no longer under it. We are bound by the law of love, but I believe that is the only law we are bound to. You can keep the feasts if you want, and I can choose not to keep the feasts.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 09:07 AM

Lawabider,

No, that is not the question we are wrestling with, why would you even say such a thing? Everone knows thst is not what scripture teaches. The question we are wrestling with since the beginning is : Is your teaching balanced?

Heads up, you are going to need the Grace of God, not the Law, to cover throwing others under the bus to protect your pride.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 09:51 AM

@DontHitThatMark:

Thanks for your comments. Paul is not at all clearly saying that the Law of Moses is done away with as you have said. He specifically tells you to keep the feasts, even in the passage you have quoted!

Colossians does not say what you think it says. You need to be careful when you read the word law (NOMOS) in the writings of Paul, as he uses it at different times to refer to different things, including, for example, the Law of G-d, the law of sin and death, a principle, decrees of men...

It is decrees of men that Paul is referring to in Colossians 2:14, and you can know this for certain because of the word translated as "ordinances" (DOGMA). This word refers specifically to the decrees of men. This is ALWAYS the case in the NT.

But if you read all of Colossians 2 in context, from the top, it should be obvious to you that Paul is actually telling you to keep the Sabbaths, new moons, and feasts, and to eat meat, and even drink (he is address asceticism), and not give into the TRADITIONS of MEN...

"8Beware lest any man spoil you through PHILOSOPHY and vain deceit, AFTER THE TRADITION OF MEN, after the rudiments of THE WORLD, and not after Christ."

The G-d-given Law of Moses is not the tradition of men my confused neighbor.

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

The sins of the flesh are defined in the LAW!

"13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;"

Do you see the contrast? You were dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh. Now you are quickened...

"16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; [AND] the body is of Christ."

He means DO THEM. The substance of them is of Christ.

" 20Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21(Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22Which all are to perish with the using;) after THE COMMANDMENTS AND DOCTRINES OF MEN?

23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. "

If you are dead with Christ from the rudiments of the WORLD, in contrast to G-d's Law, do not subject yourself to DOGMA of men that says you can't obey G-d's Law; you can't stop from work and rest on the Sabbath, or observe the new moons or festivals, saying you shouldn't eat meat (as G-d has instructed!) or drink wine (which Scripture says G-d has given to gladden men's hearts), during, for example, Feasts of the LORD!

Further evidence Paul is actually saying DO THEM:

"Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: THEREFORE LET US KEEP THE FEAST, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Corinthians 5:7-8, KJV)"

This word DOGMA also appears in a similar passage in Ephesians 2:15, which reads as follows:

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; (KJV)"

Jesus definitely abolished a NOMOS, but it is not the NOMOS that you think it was. If you read carefully, Paul is talking about something that stood between Jew and Gentile being one new man and it was absolutely NOT the Law of G-d, for that Law, as given through Moses, was always for the physical descendants of Jacob/Israel and for the stranger with them who would join themselves to the G-d of Israel.

"One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you. (Numbers 15:16)"

See also Exodus 12:49 and Leviticus 24:22.

Isaiah reiterates this...

"Isaiah 56:2-8 (King James Version)

2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8The Lord GOD, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him."

But all this should be obvious to you because you study to show yourself approved unto G-d, a worker that doesn't need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth, searching the Scriptures (these are references in the NT to the OT by the way) to see if these things that you have heard are so.

And it simply cannot be the way you understand it because G-d warns His people in no uncertain terms that if someone ever comes teaching that they no longer need to obey the Way G-d instructed His people to walk through His servant Moses, even if they do miracles, they are not from G-d!

"Deuteronomy 13

1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND OBEY HIS VOICE, AND YE SHALL SERVE HIM, and cleave unto him.

5And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, TO THRUST THEE OUT OF THE WAY WHICH THE LORD THY G-D COMMANDED THEE TO WALK IN. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee."

Careful neighbor, you are opposing G-d according to His specific instruction. You have believe what the FALSE WITNESSING were saying in Acts (See Acts 6:11-14, 21:18-24, 24:14, 25:8, 28:17)! Paul repeatedly concludes, and all of the other NT writers with him, that though we are not under the Law, we certainly must obey the Law.

I would encourage you to review my former post to @TwoSparrows that included a number of quotes from Paul's Epistle to the Romans.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2010 09:58 AM

@twosparrows:

My teaching is perfectly well-balanced. It is directed at the vast majority of Christians who tear pages out of Scripture like they are insane people. These people are headed straight for destruction and you would have me tone it down. I am warning them frankly as instructed. If you want to lie to them that G-d will say "Don't worry about tearing half of My words out of My Eternal Instruction, rejecting my commandment for your own tradition, My grace is sufficient for you" then you do so at the peril of your own soul and theirs.

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16