Author Thread: About sexual relations in marriage.
MarAnna

View Profile
History
About sexual relations in marriage.
Posted : 24 Apr, 2016 09:12 AM

Christians do not have sex before getting married. For example man met a woman and they got married. After the wedding wife found out her husband is an impotent. Is she able to ask for divorce? Should people discuss such things before the wedding?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2016 10:13 AM

Somehow yes I tend to think impotence is something to be upfront over...

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2016 10:18 AM

For the sake of clarity though do you mean infertile or unable to do the deed?

MarAnna

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2016 01:35 PM

I mean the second

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2016 02:25 PM

he should have told her before marriage. theres things to help with that

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2016 12:40 PM

I believe it is important to discuss physical intimacy in a context that does not tempt one to sin. For example, it would not be wise in my opinion to have that discussion late at night when you are alone with each other. That discussion would best occur possibly with another married couple who have a strong relationship with Christ and each other, perhaps an elder in your church or parents. It might also occur over the phone, but again within the right context to prevent one from sinning. It can be a difficult discussion to have, hormones do tend to rage and the enemy is always at work, however I believe it is a very important discussion to have to set some boundaries and expectations.

MarAnna

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2016 08:50 PM

David thank you for this answer! Very wise!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2016 11:55 AM

Huge yes! that's a game changer. a couple intending to marry should talk about Everything including sexual expectations. So people don't end up being deceived

algomaboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2016 10:38 AM

My x wife lied to me.She said she wanted children and sex. after I said, "I do." It was a different story. I married in my 30's and got divoriced 5 years later. I am now 49 and still want to have kids as I have no kids.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2016 05:40 AM

I think that communication is key you need to be able to talk about everything and anything with your future spouse, and sex is something that should definately be discussed before marriage, the wedding night isn't the time to discover that your husband is impotent or that your wife has no interest in a physical relationship, both of which are grounds for annulment.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Nov, 2016 05:28 AM

If a man is aware of it, I would think it might be best to address it during pre-marital counseling with your pastor.

I'm not sure, however, that a man who is abstinent, as you suggest, is going to know this beforehand. And if not, how is he going to know to discuss it in advance of the marriage?

There are a lot of medical issues that come into play. And speaking to a doctor would certainly make sense, should it be a problem after the marriage.

Page : 1 2